WallStArb
Why doesnt image manager work correctly?
  • 2005/6/15 15:19

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

I have installed XOOPS prbrably about 20 times. Using different versions from 2.0 to the latest 2.0.10. In all of these times I have NEVER gotten the image manager to work 100% correctly.

uploading images from the Administrator area seems fine. It uploads... stores to the blob in the databse and then the image can be used in stories etc.

When a user tries to upload and has the appropriate permissions to do so it acts like it stored. But the picture isn't shown in the preview in the image manager and a red X is displayed (like when windows can't find the file).

Anyone have any ideas and or suggestions?

MadFish
Re: Why doesnt image manager work correctly?
  • 2005/6/15 15:30

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I'd suggest not storing the images as blobs within the database. There's an option in the control panel somewhere to turn that off (ie. to save it in the uploads folder as a link).

I can't think why you would get the red x, except I suspect it has something to do with the image being in the database.

Taggy
Re: Why doesnt image manager work correctly?
  • 2005/8/29 15:41

• Taggy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/9 2

Related to this, how do I access images from modules that only support direct references? eg. AgendaX (calendar module).

Is there an easy way to find out the path and name of the image, as stored in the file system? (eg. '[imagemgr_path]/mypic.jpg')

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits