gestroud
'Taking You Back To Where You Were'
  • 2005/6/2 15:31

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I'm frequently seeing the message "Taking You Back To Where You Were" after performing basic operations like changing the positions of blocks, creating categories in forums, changing the name of a module, adding RSS feeds to the XOOPs Headlines section, etc. It can be kind of frustrating to see that message pop up after you've spent time setting a page up.

I don't think that session expiration time is a factor, because the error message sometimes shows up after I've been signed in for only a few minutes. My expiration time is set to 15 minutes. Are there any other setting that I need to change? BTW, the problem isn't restricted to one site; it occurs on about a dozen that I maintain.

Peace!

gestroud
Re: 'Taking You Back To Where You Were'
  • 2005/6/7 3:44

• gestroud

• Home away from home

bump

terrion
  • 2005/6/7 3:56

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I've run into this same problem. This is surely not a "fix" for your problem, just an observation ... I disabled custom sessions from the admin -> prefrences menus and voila, it seemed to fix the problem.

With custom sessions running I had users complaining of "Time-Out" messages too, and some very fustrated posters.

Hope this helps.

gestroud
  • 2005/6/7 16:31

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. BTW that's a nice site you're running. I had to do a double take when I saw the administrator's avatar. I maintain a lot of sites and use the same one on all of them. For a minute, I thought I was going crazy and looking at a site I didn't know I made! LOL Think I need a drink

gestroud
  • 2005/6/26 21:56

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I should've gotten back earlier with this response:

Changing session expire wasn't the problem. It was already set. This problem occurs off and on for all of my sites. I haven't tried the newest XOOPS upgrade yet. I'm waiting to see what happens to other users first.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits