snekone
Magnet-URI support for P2P apps
  • 2005/6/1 12:09

• snekone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

I found the ed2k module a while back but since ed2k is not ideal for my situation I would like to ask that someone maybe hacks it to support Magnet-URI's or develop a new module for this..

Magnet-URI's are now supported by almost every p2p app, including Azureus, DC++ and emule as well..

I believe this is going to be the future of p2p, and XOOPS should be one of the pioneer cms' to support it ;)

More info about the Magnet-URI can be found at the SF.net page HERE

I would want to use it for releasing files on the distributed tracker built into the new version of Azureus, more information about Azureus in combo with magnets can be found on the official wiki HERE

If anyone is interrested in developing this definitely let me know. I am almost done with my uni, which was geared towards UI design & user friendliness.. So I could give you some proper documentation for the project if necessary!

vat0r
Re: Magnet-URI support for P2P apps
  • 2005/6/10 0:26

• vat0r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 1

I would also like to see something like this. Magnet links make it easy for low bandwidth sites to have a huge "database"
with hundreds or thousands of links, categories etc.. This makes your site alot more appealing to the average user.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits