DonXoop
pngbehavior.htc and _403 forbidden errors

Is the /modules/newbb/include/pngbehavior.htc the IE png transparency trick file? Lately I've been seeing a lot of 403 (forbidden) errors for this file although the file will be returned most of the time. I am noticing dozens or more of calls in a row for this file from the same IP. Suddenly there is a _403 error and the whole thing starts again.

The user appears to be very busy looking at the forums and gets the 403 error every so often. I don't know who exactly the user is since they haven't complained but the amount of these errors has me concerned. Also I wonder if seeing so many calls for this file in a row is normal.

While I'm at it I am also seeing _403 errors for blank.gif. I haven't investigated this yet but once again the file will return when called normally.

DonXoop
Re: pngbehavior.htc and _403 forbidden errors

bumping this up.

I don't understand why I'm seeing the 403 forbidden errors for some of the newbb2 related items. It only seems to happen some times. I haven't heard of many complaints from my users but the messages are strange.

DonXoop

Bumping this one last time. Nobody else noticed "client denied by server configuration" errors in their server logs?

This only started since updating to 2.0.10. Running newbb 2.0.2. Nothing is set to deny access to these files and it seems to work most of the time.

examples:
client denied by server configuration: /xxxxxxxxx/modules/newbb/images/blank.gif

client denied by server configuration
: /xxxxxxx/_errors/_403.php

phppp
  • 2005/6/7 12:29

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Since you have no interest in CBB and insist on newbb 2, nothing could be done but change your Apache to enable htc in mimetypes

DonXoop

I'll be more interested in switching when an alternative is more stable (trade one problem for another), I can read more of the dev sites, and when xoops.org decides to use it. For now I'll stay on newbb. xoops.org apparently "insists" on using it too.

The mimetype might be clue so I'll look into that. So I'll thank you anyway.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits