Nnemesis
Possible security issue with MyAlbum-P
  • 2005/5/18 20:31

• Nnemesis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/12

Although I am able to upload pics to this module without problem, a visitor to my site got the following error message when attempting an upload.... "chmod 0777 into /../..../uploads/photos failed"

1st off, what could be causing this prob as everything seems fine at this end and secondly, I don't like the idea that the error message is disclosing the full filepath to the picture folder. is there any way to block that part of the message from the public?

Nnemesis
Re: Possible security issue with MyAlbum-P
  • 2005/5/20 8:11

• Nnemesis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/12

LOL. 39 views and not a single reply. Great support forum.

catalin12345

i think your lucky if you have 39views and no responso..you can have also 2000 views and no response so your lucky!
set your permission right on your hosting with an ftp software like smartftp!
also check the settings of myalbum and see if you created the folders where the pics ,thumbs are uploaded,they must exist first of all!
check the groups permission also!maybe you don`t gived accesss to anonymous users to upload and didn`t not set the chmod right permission!
i think is group permission your problem..

DonXoop

LOL, myalbum-p does not equal xoops. It is a 3rd party module from somewhere else (Japan I think). Have you checked the site that hosts this module? I'll bet they have a myalbum-p specific forum. I don't use this module so I can't point you in the right place. Check your readme.

Speaking of readmes my wild azz guess is that you don't have the right chmod set for the album directory.

CeBepuH
  • 2005/5/20 15:26

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits