Anonymous
Multisites Module for XOOPS 2.0.10
  • 2005/4/27 14:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

Actully i want to build website with 2 XOOPS and each XOOPS have different templates directions, english XOOPS ( Left-to-right ) and arabic XOOPS ( right-to-left ).

Now .. i upload both into my website into folder for each one, all 2.0.10 and i need multisites module support ver 2.0.10

Thanx

m0nty
Re: Multisites Module for XOOPS 2.0.10
  • 2005/4/27 14:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

there isn't 1 available yet for 2.0.10 . i believe mith is working on upgrading his 2.0.9.2 version, but i don't know how far he has got with it. i could possibly run a diff between both and edit it but that will take time and then i'm not sure exactly how the changes would affect it with the new security class and token system..

Mithrandir

I'm trying to find the time to get this done.

I have a version for XOOPS 2.1.0, though, so it is not that I don't want to support this, I'm just tied up.

I promise, I will get this out very soon.

Mithrandir

This should work with 2.0.10

Unfortunately, I have no longer a 2.0.10 installation to test it on and it is not that I am too lazy to set it up, it's just that I have some roadmap and other work to do.

Anonymous
  • 2005/4/27 18:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanx m0nty and mithrandir for your reply .. i hope see multisites module for 2.0.10 soon !

I have idea but not tested yet .. i will make empty folder named "arabic" inside modules folder and setup arabic blocks that only display in arabic module, and about page direction ... i will use modules that can duplicate, so i will have 2 news modules ( arabic - english ) in the same database, but this will be hard control for news author.

If there are option in templates manager for page direction : RTL - LTR , this will help many users use RTL languages.

Mamba
  • 2005/10/1 0:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Any progress on this? Any version working with 2.0.13?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

draj
  • 2005/10/1 6:43

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I have not been able to make it work on any of the known stable versions of Xoops!

The most disappointing thing after waiting for months is the announcement that this particular module, recognised as "wanted and favorite" module, shall be developed in the coming version of 2.5/2.6!

JMorris
  • 2005/10/1 10:38

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I had no trouble getting this module to work on 2.0.10 - 2.0.12. I haven't tried it on 2.0.13. There is a seperate module available for the 2.2.x branch. You may try using the search funtion of this site to find it.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

draj
  • 2005/10/8 2:49

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi!

The problem ist that none of them works, not even the latest you mention! And thats what I meant!!!

This module has never ever worked on my server. I really fail to understand as it does not work on a fresh installation and it did never ever work with any version.

The only thing I can now imagine is that it could be my server that uses includes a file in the httpd.conf for virtual domains.

Can that be true?

Herko
  • 2005/10/8 8:25

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

deepy wrote:
The most disappointing thing after waiting for months is the announcement that this particular module, recognised as "wanted and favorite" module, shall be developed in the coming version of 2.5/2.6!

That's not what the announcement Skalpa wrote said. The XOOPS 2.5/2.6 core will support true multisites. You can configure as many sites as you want using only one codebase/install.

And another thing, the list of 'wanted and favorite' modules and features is miles long. Waiting for the few people who devote their free time to making the XOOPS core better, more flexible and more extensible to work through that list, isn't a sound strategy for development IMHO.
If this is such a wanted feature, why not see if a group of users is willing to pay a developer something to update mithy's work? Many small donations make all investments shallow And perhaps, if you ask nicely enough, some developer might even do it for free (but he/she would have to have a better reason then the fact that it's popular and wanted very badly).

Herko

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits