xoops forums

binolino

Just popping in
Posted on: 2005/4/27 10:05
binolino
binolino (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2004/12/8

Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)

Hello out there,

unfortunatelly I have some problems with XOOPS 2.0.10 (of cause I'm an Xoops-Noob too )!

1. In the Control Panel -> System -> Images: What's that? I thought that is a kind of gallery, but I can't view it on my homepage! Can you please discripe how I can use Images as a gallery for my homepage or can you advice a good, easy to use gallery module?

2. Under System -> Groups I made my own UserGroups and mapped some testusers to them. I added 2 new forums (one private, one public) and for both I wanted to add my own User Groups... while adding the new forums I can select the preinstalled groups, but not my own ! You now that will be a page for World of Warcraft and I don't want the Horde to see what the Alliance plans ! For private forums I saw User permissions, but it's kind of much work to add each and every user .

3. The last question *puh* Is there now german translation for this great peace of code? If not, I will do that ;)

Thanks for your patience

Binolino

Shine

Just can't stay away
Posted on: 2005/4/27 11:40
Shine
Shine (Show more)
Just can't stay away
Since: 2002/7/22

Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)

Actually,..there is a great active German XOOPS Support website.
Take a look within the: Local Support. Here you'll find the url to them.

www.myxoops.org

Grtz., Shine

binolino

Just popping in
Posted on: 2005/4/27 13:13
binolino
binolino (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2004/12/8

Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)

Thanks for this information, Shine. I will look for the german translation there!

But what about my other questions? Can't anybody help me?

Binolino
Posted on: 2005/4/27 14:43
ackbarr
ackbarr (Show more)
Since: 2002/10/2

1. the Image Manager integrates in with the XOOPS Form editor. If you click on Resized Image you can browse the images in the manager. myAlbum-p is an image gallery that integrates itself into the image manager, allowing you to link directly to images that have been uploaded to the gallery module.

2. I would recommend checking out newbb2 or the newly released CBB. as both have much improved permissions abilities.

3. Shine already answered.

cecealias

Just popping in
Posted on: 2005/4/27 18:39
cecealias
cecealias (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2005/4/13

ahh... ok finally XOOPS is fixed. - you can ignore this post - i am trying to test post on these forums for weeks now and finally get one.

Who is the system admin?