wtravel
Orders/Payments module

I did a search on Shop and Order payment modules which can handle credit card payments through Paypal, Checkout, etc. and could not find any that are actively supported or finished.

Does anyone know of any active development? I would like to combine force to work out an idea to create exchangeable functionality. So one orders/transactions module that could be used by developers for other modules, like a shop module, a subscription module or the current directory module I am working on.

One transactions module will save us all a lot of maintenance on the ever changing payment scripts. If you combine this with a set of classes and functions that can be used site wide, we can more easily create e-Commerce modules and we will not have to re-invent the wheel every time it comes to handling online payments.

Any feedback is welcome

Martijn

wtravel
Re: Orders/Payments module

Anyone?

Mithrandir

I don't have the resources to help with the actual development, but this module could be of so much use to so many people that I would like to offer my services as a "consultant" - provided the project is created on dev.xoops.org, I will make sure to assign time to help out with any questions, problems or other enquiries that may arise.

There have been many people requesting something like this. Now it's the time for anyone who wants to work on this to step forward.

wtravel

Yes, dev.xoops.org should be the development home for this project.

I can do a big part of the programming required, but would like to see more developers help on this, as this module will required continuous maintenance due to external development of payment flows. Also, if I will be on a world trip or enjoying life on a tropical island without internet , I want others to be able to take over without too much trouble.

Especially on the various payment sites I will be happy if people wish to add in their support. Does anyone have experience with checkout.com, paypal and other popular payment processing tools?

Martijn

McNaz
  • 2005/4/28 9:33

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Hi there.

I am in the middle of developing xasset, which does contain a payment processing gateway system, which at the moment supports paypal.

This code be used/lifted if required. Although it has been my experience that payment processing is tightly tied into the cart system that it is supporting.. at least in my experience anyway.

HTH.

Mithrandir

But perhaps the payment gateway can be abstracted a bit further, since it usually does not care what is paid for - only how much should be paid.

With such a gateway module, your xAsset module could use it for processing the actual payment - but a commerce module that does not have software products can also use it for its products and so on.

Worth the investigation, I think.

wtravel

Yes, that would be the idea. The module should basically handle:

- Products and offers management
- Payment transactions
- Gateway management
- Reporting on orders/payments/products

Martijn

Mithrandir

- Customers?
- Users? (log in and save having to re-type the same information)

kaotik
  • 2005/4/28 11:38

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I am currently developing kshop, which is a based on freznoshop. It is a commerce system although it lacks some features of bigger versions such as zencart and OSc. If other users see fit, it could be adapted to fit the needs of Xoops, since it is a starting point.

wtravel

Most customer details should be stored in the database too. Some gateways allow sites to post customer details to their gateway url. In those cases customers do not need to re-enter all details. They would only need to re-enter their credit card details, because these should not be stored in the seller's database.

I can imagine that visitors who do not have a user account yet could be added as a user at the same time as completing an order, so that would seem to be a useful feature as well.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits