ReySolar
Why a simply problem don't have solution with Xoops?
  • 2005/4/26 11:59

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Hi!
I installed a fresh version of XOOPS 2.0.10 and then uploaded (not installed yet) some tested modules as News 1.3, Edito, phpMyAdmin etc. but I found that in the control panel I have no image at these uploaded module's icons, and there is a red cross instead of the corresponding image. I upgraded the system module and checked all the image's path of every uploaded module and it's ok. I found this FAQ:

"In admin all the module icons are missing, how do I proceed?
Requested and Answered by Carnuke on 2004/12/19 21:58:37 (305 reads)
After making a backup delete the cache/adminmenu.php file, and relogin as admin. It'll say it's the first time you're logging in, but that's the message you get when the system is generating the adminstration menu".

I tried the FAQ solution but still there was no image at these uploaded module's icons. Then I reuploaded the News 1.3 module but the image icon doesn't appear. I don't think possible that absolutely all the ten uploads can get corrupt coincidently only the icons.
Anybody have another idea, 'cause the FAQ's solution doesn't work.
What goes on? Who knows what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks very much for your answer

ReySolar

LazyBadger
Re: Why a simply problem don't have solution with Xoops?

Try downgrading to 2.0.9.3 - never had such problem (and doesn't still try .10 - can't see strong reasons for this)

ReySolar
Re: Why a simply problem don't have solution with Xoops?
  • 2005/4/26 12:28

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Hi!
Thanks LazyBadger, but I have a similar problemm with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 (only with a few modules)and nobody can gives me a solution... Think that downgrade will not resolve this.

ReySolar

Mithrandir
Re: Why a simply problem dont have solution with Xoops?

Can you give a screenshot of the page?

ReySolar
  • 2005/4/26 12:31

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Mithrandir!
But... how can I send a screenshot of the page?

ReySolar

DonXoop

The most obvious problem would be permissions on the image file or directory. Check that you have the correct permissions on all of the files.

ReySolar
  • 2005/4/26 13:32

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks DonXoop!
What you say seems probable and I'll check that, but which are the correct CHMOD permissions for the image file or directory?. Do you know?

ReySolar

carnuke
  • 2005/4/26 13:49

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

755 is my permission for the images folder

Try right clicking on one of those image locations (red X) and selecting properties. You should have something like this

http://www.periodistas-online.com.ar/modules/system/images/system_slogo.png

When I called this address in the browser, your icon shows correctly! Check your results.

ReySolar
  • 2005/4/26 14:15

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks a lot for your answer Carnuke!!!

Remember that only uploaded modules's icons don't works...

Yes, 755 is my permission for the images folder too. The only difference I've found is that the permissions of the image's file of uploaded module's icons is 644 while in the core modules it is 744. But I changed it and nothing happens. I should change other file's permissions too?

Yes, system icon shows. But right clicking on one of those image locations (red X) and selecting properties, I have something like this too:

http://www.periodistas-online.com.ar/modules/edito/images/content_slogo.png

And when I called this address in the browser, the icon don't shows... 'cause, as I said before, only uploaded modules's icons don't works...
Any other idea?

ReySolar

Mithrandir

When trying to access the edito image, I get this error in Firefox:
The image “http://www.periodistas-online.com.ar/modules/edito/images/content_slogo.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I have experienced this error when the images were uploaded in the wrong format ... or was it that they were committed to a CVS in the wrong format? I forget. Try re-uploading the images and make sure your FTP transfer mode is set to "binary" (or if that doesn't work, use "ascii", but I believe binary would be the correct to use for images)

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits