deuce868
trouble getting xoopsgallery up and running?
  • 2005/3/26 16:19

• deuce868

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/26

I installed xoopsgallery and enabled it. I then went into the preferences and changed the path for imagemagick and that seems to be fine now.

The trouble is in the admin section I only see the following options:
Check NetPBM
Check ImageMagick
Check for orphan XoopsGallery records
Check for missing XoopsGallery records
Preferences

I see reference to a configuration wizard, but I can't see how to run that. I figured I went to the preferences and set that up so who needs the wizard anyway.

What I don't see is any options for creating new albums and such. I've searched around, but the documentation takes me to the gallery project website which does not seem to be XOOPS specific.

I saw reference to a java program I can use, but it seems there should be options right in the admin page. Am I missing something simple? I'm new to XOOPS as of this weekend so hopefully I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks for the help.

davecramer74
Re: trouble getting xoopsgallery up and running?

same issue here. If you login with your admin account, you will see the add gallery, etc. But normal registered user, who i give access to the gallery block doesnt have option to create gallery. If you give them "admin access" to the gallery module under group settings, it alows that user to add stuff, but then anyone in that group can edit anyones gallery. NEED HELP TOO!!

airdog
  • 2005/4/7 18:07

• airdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

I prefer xcgal "no problems"
bmxair.com

DonXoop

Quote:

airdog wrote:
I prefer xcgal "no problems"
?? The link is your own site but no links to the module devel or download. Not much help. That module might be perfectly fine but anything with RC status for way over a year doesn't give me confidence.

Anyway, xoopsgallery is mostly configured from the module itself (not the system admin pages). You should see a list of links on each album depending on the rights available at that level. As the admin you would generally create the initial albums and via the permissions link you would set the rights via the popup screens.

One idea is to create a base album for your users and give create album rights to "LOGINUSER" (forgot the exact spelling). This allows a registered user to create subalbums etc. Or you create the albums and give specific users the desired rights from that point. The users will then have the links for creating albums, upload pics etc depending on the rights you set. There isn't a group rights setting for individual albums unfortunately.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits