fredski
Re: Mambo winning on PR-field now-Just 4 now!!!
  • 2005/4/1 14:03

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

I agree with the themes part of the last post, if anything put a dampener on my initial response when I first installed XOOPS was the dull boring box grey theme that is the standard instalation. When I started to use it on the other hand I loved itand still do. But how many people are put off when they first look at the standard instalation and go UUuurrrghh no thats not what I'm looking for at all.

I think the standard theme needs to have a bit more Pazzaz about it, a little more wow factor going on. Get them impressed and wanting to get in there and use it straight away.

Mithrandir
Re: Mambo winning on PR-field now-Just 4 now!!!

Quote:
I think the standard theme needs to have a bit more Pazzaz about it, a little more wow factor going on. Get them impressed and wanting to get in there and use it straight away.

Suggestions for a "Best of Xoops.org" (BoX) Themes Pack are welcome (but in another thread)

biglove
Keeping the Ball Rolling
  • 2005/4/4 16:27

• biglove

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

The Marketing project had some great momentum, let's keep it going.

I'm not really sure how this project is supposed to move forward.

Is there a committee that needs to take a vote?

Are we still waiting for someone to make a decision?

I want to help however possible, I'd like to suggest we have a IM session sometime this week just so we can all be on the same page. If there is still interest in making XOOPS more appealing to Small and Medium size businesses and getting some press for Xoops, I think we need to maintain momemtum.

I will be happy to create

In the short term, I think we can make some changes to the
"About Xoops", possibly change the title to
"Why choose Xoops?"
Within that section, I think we could create a message that shares the advantages of XOOPS so that small company's instantly see Why XOOPS is such a good choice for them.

1. XOOPS allows Small Businesses to interact with their customers, not just proposition them.
2. XOOPS has a flexible permission stucture, ideal for business's where there are multiple people manage the content. The business owner can delegate the work without losing control of the Message.
3. XOOPS is easy to set up and Trial. With Xoops, you can have a basic site up and running within an Hour. Try doing that with one of the expensive commercial CMS's.
4. XOOPS is secure because it was designed from the bottom up to be Secure. Other CMS's are run by designers who value pretty over secure. (i.e. Pam Anderson )At Xoops, we prefer function over form. XOOPS is pretty and smart. (i.e. Angelina Jolie )

These are just an basic ideas from the suggestions Mith gave.

I think it would be enlightening if we set up the Polls module on the site so we could get a better understanding of why our current Users selected Xoops. That way we get an accurate sample of what has worked. Then we take what is working and make it even better.

My experience is,
The longer I delay, the more paralysis-by-analysis kicks in.

YMMV

new_bie
Re: Mambo winning on PR-field now
  • 2005/4/6 6:27

• new_bie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

who cares? I don´t like Mambo, I prefer XOOPS because of it´s simplicity to use, we need a wow theme as default in XOOPS that´s why mambo is attracting users because of that.

PR for xoops? let the users know which it´s the best CMS through a demo website with some flash tutorials and they will se the difference.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits