Beast
2.0.6 to current.... what's the best way?
  • 2005/3/20 5:41

• Beast

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/7 2

Hi all. I've had a XOOPS site for over a year now, but haven't done any upgrades since 2.0.6.

How do I get from 2.0.6 to current? I can only see upgrades from 2.0.7.

Also, my site is running the original XOOPS 2 forum module, is there something better out now? Can I migrate to it without losing what I have?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jdseymour
Re: 2.0.6 to current.... what's the best way?

That's right, first upgrade to 2.0.7 the use the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 upgrade to complete to current version.

Beast
  • 2005/3/21 1:47

• Beast

• Just popping in

Doh, I'm a goose, I missed page two which had the 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 update on it. Thanks :)

Given I'm using newbb (that ships with Xoops) I'm guessing I'm right to just apply the updates as is. I am however interested in migrating to newbb2, is there a guide or website that might help me with that?

jdseymour

I have a flash tutorial on my site. See :

Newbb 1 to 2 Upgrade Tutorial.

HTH.

Beast
  • 2005/3/21 7:24

• Beast

• Just popping in

Wow, very helpful tutorials. Thank you kindly sir. I'm one of those people that loathe ever thinking I might need a flash tutorial (for anything ;)) but those were very nicely done and tailored well for all levels of experience.

I'd have this update done but my host has changed the way I can access my MySQL db and I haven't been able to get a recent copy.

I remember when I used to use php-nuke there was a module of some sort that allowed a MySQL db backup to be made from within the site itself. Does such a think exist in module form for Xoops2?

jdseymour

There are several to try In the Module Repository.

I believe Backpack is the newest, but you may want to look at others to see what fits your needs. I myself use cron on the server.

HTH.

Beast
  • 2005/3/22 16:42

• Beast

• Just popping in

Hi, just a follow up post to say thank you to everyone who helped me out in this thread.

I'm now up to 2.0.9.2 and Newbb 2.02 with no major heartache.

Just sorting out a small Newbb 2.02 problem (see this thread) but otherwise everything is running great.

Oh and for some reason the timed redirects after logging in and logging out no longer work. I always have to 'click here' to continue.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits