abbey
Image Manager
  • 2005/3/18 11:17

• abbey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/17

Guys am a new user of XOOPS and I am really thrilled working with it on my site ...http://www.ghanamusic.com/html [not fully operational yet].

I have 3 major concerns here.

1. how do I put a caption under the images that I upload with the image manager? Especially images that accompany the articles under the news section.

2. It it possible to have some padding around the image so that the text of the article is not too close to it?

3. Is it possible to specify a border around the image so that it stands out?

Thanks

wtravel
Re: Image Manager

You can use the css file to display images with a border, default I believe images are set to not have borders, so please check the main IMG tag in the css file as well. Also padding can be adjusted in the css file.

The caption can only be added if you programmatically change the module as far as I know. You would have to store the caption text in the database.

Martijn

tzvook
  • 2005/3/18 13:10

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

abbey wrote:
Guys am a new user of XOOPS and I am really thrilled working with it on my site ...http://www.ghanamusic.com/html [not fully operational yet].

I have 3 major concerns here.

1. how do I put a caption under the images that I upload with the image manager? Especially images that accompany the articles under the news section.

2. It it possible to have some padding around the image so that the text of the article is not too close to it?

3. Is it possible to specify a border around the image so that it stands out?

Thanks

Hello abbey
The only way I know is to use one of the WYSIWYG's editors for that - Samuel's Koivi Editor is good and can replace almost every XOOPS textarea with a core hack.

CAREFULL - b4 you try using WYSIWYG read about them by searching the forums - might be a security hazard.
the Koivi has an Image "properties screen which do what you need.
HtmlArea is doing it also, and has it's own ImageManager for all images functions.

abbey
  • 2005/3/19 2:06

• abbey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/17

how do i that? i have tried editing the code but its not working.

jdseymour

Read this Faq Page on How to identify classes and selectors.

On this page you will find a link to a great extension for FireFox that will help you with this.

Also you may need to define a new class in your templates and css files. Otherwise your settings will effect all images on your page.

HTH.

WallStArb
  • 2005/3/25 22:15

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Has anyone seen the following issue

1) create an image category via image manager in Administration area. Set it so all user group can use and upload to the class and set it to "Store in the database (as binary "blob" data)"

2) insert an image no problem using the "Add Image File" in the Image Manager within the Administration area. The image shows up fine in the listings looks great.

3) Try to upload an image as a user would through one of the modules that has a hook into image manager, such as news. It seems like it works but when the list of images shows up all you see is a red "X" where the picture should be. Where it can't find the file.

For instance

http://www.sluse.com/image.php?id=3 ---> this pic was uploaded via administraton menu "image manager" within System Admin area.

http://www.sluse.com/image.php?id=2 ---> same picture tried to upload via news module when submitting a story.

This is obviously pretty important that our users can uplaod pictures if they are supposed to. Can anyone help with an idea. I know that I can't be the one and only person that has experienced this.

noisia
  • 2005/5/26 0:50

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Quote:

3) Try to upload an image as a user would through one of the modules that has a hook into image manager, such as news. It seems like it works but when the list of images shows up all you see is a red "X" where the picture should be. Where it can't find the file.

There is a bug that the image is placed with the relative path
I have posted the bug also in the following lead:
koivi&image manager problem

Hopefully some solution can be found

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits