dunkin
How do I add blocks to a static page added to the site?
  • 2005/3/18 5:25

• dunkin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

I have a page, recipes.php that is being called from a menu, but does not appear in the blocks admin. Are there any tags etc, I can add to that page... so that I can add blocks to it?

tjnemez
Re: How do I add blocks to a static page added to the site?
  • 2005/3/18 5:32

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you could create a custom block with links to static page

dunkin
  • 2005/3/18 5:52

• dunkin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

Thanks so much for your help! That's exactly what I was trying to do... but I can still only add blocks to the first page, I can't add blocks to the test2, test3 etc pages... They don't appear in the drop down or in the admin...

I don't think it's possible... but your module is a great improvement on what I was doing!

tjnemez
  • 2005/3/18 5:53

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

cool!

yeziha
  • 2005/4/26 15:39

• yeziha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/22

I have the same problem. I want to add side blocks to some non-module pages not listsd in the Blocks Admin. For instance, User Profile page (userinfo.php), User registration page. Without side blocks the pages look ugly.

Which file should edit to have these pages listed in the page drop-down menu Blocks Admin?

tim1980
  • 2005/5/13 1:39

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

I want to know the answer to this question too...

I want to make custom front pages on my sites with different middle blocks showing differnet content. Think of how Social MPN can have many homepages...

Even if I know how to maybe create blank or where to get a blank module that would allow placement of blocks in the module.

Is there any way to do this type of thing that we have been talking about in this thread?

pod
  • 2005/5/13 1:53

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:
I have the same problem. I want to add side blocks to some non-module pages not listsd in the Blocks Admin. For instance, User Profile page (userinfo.php), User registration page. Without side blocks the pages look ugly.

Currently, the only way I know to achieve this is to create a block and make it visible on *all pages*, thereby making it appear on system module pages such as register.php.

FFR [to the XOOPS Devs], it would be cool to have *System* listed in the block options module-selection drop down.

Quote:
Even if I know how to maybe create blank or where to get a blank module that would allow placement of blocks in the module.

Yeah, thats the best solution... create virtually blank modules by using the sample module & then fill the blank module pages with page-specific blocks.

yeziha
  • 2005/6/30 15:09

• yeziha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/22

Thank you, pod.
I've been thinking about creating blocks visible on all pages,
but that won't do And I only need to insert blocks on
the pages with user profile and the like. It MUST be possible for it IS done on this evry site!!
Of course, I could create a new module and place all the content of current user pages in the center block and add side blocks...But then the URL will change and it may cause a load of problems in the work of the whole XOOPS...
Maybe someone knows how to do that?
I'm sure there is a file with a piece of code that reads all the active modules and lists them in the Admin drop-down menu. If only i knew which one I think I could solve my problem!
Can anyone help? Please..

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits