cazgh
Include an asp file
  • 2005/3/17 12:05

• cazgh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/17

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really stupid newbie question, just trying to figure it all out.

I want to submit a newsfeed to my headlines section but my source isnt using RDS or RSS - they are using an include asp file.

Is there an easy way of including this in a section of my site - i.e. so that I could have these headlines showing in my right content panel or similar?

Any help gratefully appreciated! Thr URL I would want to include would be similar to this: /newsinsert.asp

Thanks

Herko
Re: Include an asp file
  • 2005/3/17 12:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

no, sorry. As far as I know, you can't have 2 interpreters running on the same site at the same time. Active Server Pages are an equivalent of PHP pages, which run on Microsoft servers.

Herko

wtravel

You cannot include an asp file to be interpreted by your server, but when you only require an external url page to be shown in your site, it should be possible to include it in your script.

An easy way to do this is to show this page with the help of iframe tags. Below an example you can use in a php file:
Quote:

echo '<table align="right" border="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="top"><table summary="welcome" width="100%" border="0"><tr><td align="center" width="100%" valign="top"><iframe marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="600" height="800" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="site_url"></iframe></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>';

Martijn

cazgh
  • 2005/3/17 13:00

• cazgh

• Just popping in

Is there any way to include a php file?

wtravel

Examples to include a php file on your own site using Xoops:

include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/subdirectory/file.php";

or if the file is in the same folder:

include("file.php")

Martijn

cazgh
  • 2005/3/17 14:13

• cazgh

• Just popping in

Thats brilliant - thanks for all your help - sorry one more stupid newbie question coming...

So if I place my insert code in the file used to create the headlines block (if anyone one knows which one it is for the left hand side headline panel much appreciated)

I can have my include showing my external news source and the headlines from other RSS feeds showing underneath.

Thanks!

cazgh
  • 2005/3/17 14:35

• cazgh

• Just popping in

Thanks wtravel for the code - its working fine and showing content - the only problem I have now is in positioning this content - it is showing behind the main content and throwing the rest of the site out a little, losing some text formatting at the same time.

Just need a little pointing in the right direction! Thanks for your help - just a little bit more to complete this task!

wtravel

Well, it is difficult for me to tell what is the cause, since for solving a layout issue you need to see the source code. Do you have an example page we can look at?

Martijn

cazgh
  • 2005/3/17 16:20

• cazgh

• Just popping in

I have been having a few problems and decided to try another way and set up a custom block which the asp page fits into and displays fine.

I am missing a javascript head tag to allow the pop up windows to open when clicking on individual news items and I dont know where to put the javascript either - been searching for head tags or similar to put them in, but no joy.

Found an earlier post by yourself wtravel searching for cp_function but cant find it - any help chufftily received.

Heres a link to the page:

www.netsexpress.com/xoop - its the best advice panel that is coming from an external asp source.

Anything else I can do, please shout!

Thanks again

wtravel

I think you can add the javascript to the header by assigning it in the php file. I do not have access to an example at the moment, perhaps someone on the forum knows which functionality I mean...?

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits