Shine
News RC2 & spotlight problem
  • 2005/3/8 12:59

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Fresh install of this latest news module.

I've got the block recent news active with the setting of activate it's spotlight feature.
There are 2 things I stumble into:

1). If I log out and log in again, I get to see the spotlight as meant to be. But after I click on one of the tabs and go back to the home, the spotlight doesn't show anymore. I repeatatly click on the tab spotlight but nothing happens. Only the tabs of other newscatewgories work.
(caching is not active)
It looks the only time spotlight works is when you are fresh on the website. As soon you've touched one of the tabs, the spotlight feature gets disabled.

2). Using the imagemanager and inserting a spotlight image the alignments don't work. Although I say the image alignment = right, it puts the image on the left. Next to this, the text alignment is then getting nasty. It gets pushed some linebreaks downwards, and places itself right in the horizontal middle of the image.

Do other encounter the same and, last but not least is there a way to solve this all?

Grtz., Shine

Shine
Re: News RC2 & spotlight problem
  • 2005/3/10 0:43

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

^bump-tie-bump^

And addition:
The 'Read More' doesn't work within Spotlight and tabbed look.

Grtz., Shine

Shine
  • 2005/3/12 8:22

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

^Second bump^

Quote:

Shine wrote:
Fresh install of this latest news module.

I've got the block recent news active with the setting of activate it's spotlight feature.
There are 2 things I stumble into:

1). If I log out and log in again, I get to see the spotlight as meant to be. But after I click on one of the tabs and go back to the home, the spotlight doesn't show anymore. I repeatatly click on the tab spotlight but nothing happens. Only the tabs of other newscatewgories work.
(caching is not active)
It looks the only time spotlight works is when you are fresh on the website. As soon you've touched one of the tabs, the spotlight feature gets disabled.

2). Using the imagemanager and inserting a spotlight image the alignments don't work. Although I say the image alignment = right, it puts the image on the left. Next to this, the text alignment is then getting nasty. It gets pushed some linebreaks downwards, and places itself right in the horizontal middle of the image.
12 march:
This problem is 'solved'. The image alignment wont work since it it standard placed within a < td> tag before the text. You will have no influence on the image positioning.
Text alignment: here and there there were some align=top missing. By adding this within the template the alignment is also solved.

Do other encounter the same and, last but not least is there a way to solve this all?

Grtz., Shine

Apart from point 2 all the rest of the problems remain. Including the above added.

Anyone?

Grtz., Shine

Shine
  • 2005/3/12 16:19

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

This way I am becoming a football pro.....
^^^ Bump nr: 3 ^^^

(caching is not active)
It looks the only time spotlight works is when you are fresh on the website. As soon you've touched one of the tabs, the spotlight feature gets disabled.(Still open)

2). Solved (myself!)

3). The 'Read More' doesn't work within Spotlight and tabbed look. (Still open!)

Anyone?
Grtz., Shine

Mithrandir

1. You see the spotlight block, but you cannot see the spotlighted news item in the block?

Shine
  • 2005/3/13 9:10

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
1. You see the spotlight block, but you cannot see the spotlighted news item in the block?

Thanks for your replying interest

When entering the website the spotlighted newsitem is viewable within the spotlight block. But, and this is where the problem lays,.... as soon you've clicked one of the other news topic-items tabs olf the enabled spotlight block, you cannot get to see the spotlighted news item back again. Although you see the tab 'spotlight', and click on it nothing will happen. Somehow the spotlighted news item block view gets blocked. Switching back doesn't work.
Also clicking on 'home', within the mainmenu, doesn't help to switch back to the spotlighted news item, the look and way when you've first entered the website.

Hope this makes my question and problem a bit clearer.

Grtz., Shine

hervet
  • 2005/3/14 19:59

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Is it possible to see your website somewhere ?

Shine
  • 2005/3/14 22:48

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Is it possible to see your website somewhere ?

Because I am working on it, my website is still behind closed doors. Nevertheless I've created an account for you so you can take a look.
Please see your PM-box.

Grtz., Shine

chnwalkman
  • 2005/3/15 14:35

• chnwalkman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

I found that News 1.3 required PHP 4.3.9 or higher. Am like this to me at least.

hervet
  • 2005/3/15 19:03

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

chnwalkman wrote:
I found that News 1.3 required PHP 4.3.9 or higher.

Can you explain me why please ?
Did you see any function that recquire a such version ?

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits