arpboy
Can't display all my articles
  • 2005/3/7 6:08

• arpboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Hey, Y'all.

I have an unusual problem. I have a site (www.opendoorways.org) for our church. I'm using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and News 1.2.1.

I'm using Koivi class editor to create my news.

OK, here's the problem. I just added an article for a movie showing. However, it's pushed the second article I had down to a link only. In other words, the second article is NOT showing with the first. I have the preferences set to display 5 articles (in fact, I just upped it to 10 as part of testing), and I'd like both to show simultaneously.

If you see the link "The Passion," you'll see the other article I want to display.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-Richard

riosoft
Re: Can't display all my articles
  • 2005/3/7 10:01

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Go to news 1.2.1 preferences in administration... set to Classic mode view ..... I think thats the problem!

bye

arpboy
Re: Can't display all my articles
  • 2005/3/7 18:13

• arpboy

• Just popping in

Yep, that was it!

I saw that option, but didn't even think about it applying to my issue.

Thanks so much for your help!

-Richard

Sebastian
Re: Can
  • 2005/3/14 16:10

• Sebastian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

Greetings,

I'm having this problem: I've installed XOOPS on a free account and I can't seem to get it to display the news articles. The only accessible section is the archive, and I can't view articles from there either. Also, in the newbb module, the fora are visible, but they can't be accessed. I get no error messages, only empty module bodies.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.6 with Polish language pack for the site. It is a free account, so I imagine there may be some php functions disabled... the site ishttp://www.monika.w.szu.pl

I've had no problem with that on MY website, neither before or after it was upgraded to 2.0.7

So, does anyone have any ideas what should I keep bugging the admin about? Thanks.

arpboy
  • 2005/3/14 17:30

• arpboy

• Just popping in

I think you're fighting permissions. You might check permissions to the news page. I think you have your module permissions correct, but the page permissions need work.

Sebastian
  • 2005/3/14 18:25

• Sebastian

• Just popping in

Well, the group permissions are set, as are the permissions to the template_c directory, uploads and cache. Also, I can't see the articles even logged in as webmaster.

I also found I can't upload images or avatars. Although the uploads is writable, I get
Errors Returned While Uploading
File not found

I think I know, what the problem is - I seem to be missing templates, for example I've got only one template for the newbb module, whereas I have eleven of those at my site.

I'll try to re-load them. Would you think recompiling modules would help?

arpboy
  • 2005/3/14 18:29

• arpboy

• Just popping in

You're right; missing templates would cause such a problem. Since the modules are written in PHP, I assume you are asking whether uploading the modules to the website again would help. I think it would: I would re-load the newbb module up to the website, then update it.

I can't guarantee that it will help, but it would be my next step in diagnosing the problem.

Sebastian
  • 2005/3/14 19:08

• Sebastian

• Just popping in

I've uploaded the templates from my site to the site in question and it seems to work. I'll recompile the modules just to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

arpboy
  • 2005/3/14 20:18

• arpboy

• Just popping in

Glad to help!

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits