mouacy
doteasy.com - 20 GB space, unmettered bandwidth... what do u think?
  • 2005/2/25 8:41

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

A friend recommend them to me after I got suspend from canaca.com. I look at doteasy.com web page and don't find any server hardware/softerware/datacenter information.

Has anyone host with them? Are they really what they claim to be? Any advice?

carnuke
Re: doteasy.com - 20 GB space, unmettered bandwidth... what do u think?
  • 2005/2/25 10:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Big figures look impressive, but do you need all that space and bandwidth?

and think of the power user who does and is eating all the servers resources!!

If these are shared hosting packages, I would be cautious about the potential downsides here.

It's better to chose a known quality host whao puts all their products and resources upfront for you to decide and who give good support.

I recommend Surpasshosting purely on the grounds of excellent service, quality, reliability and popularity amongst users.

Arowana
  • 2005/2/28 17:16

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

I took a look at it and it looked great so I looked for discount for doing a 12 year term, no such luck 9.95 is their one year term price. I said ok lets continue and they want another 10 USD per month for PHP, another 10 USD per month for mySQL, and another 10 USD per month for cgi/perl. That would take me up to 39.99 per month and it has to be paid yearly.

Not worth it if you ask me

I have had great luck with webhostingbuzz.com. I have selected the biggest package for the bandwidth issue at 65000 I find it was the best deal for the money.

This last year they have updated all their servers to dual xeons and have been running great. At first two years ago their was a lot of down times but I would say that have corrected these issues as I have not noticed any downtime in the last 8 months.

the dont over load their servers but over selling account, instead they have a set number of accounts they sell for each server keeping in mind that they do offer unlimited sub-domains and add on domains.

Well worth the 85 USD per year for everything they offer.

As far as XOOPS on their servers I have 6 XOOPS sites and all installed / run just fine without problems.

tastylara
  • 2005/3/20 16:21

• tastylara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/20

Avoid them. Unmetered hosting on shared server is too good to be true. If there are couple of high traffic site consuming like 200GB+ per day, all the sites on the shared server will slow down. How do I know this? I have 2 sites running on my own dedicated server which requires like 300GB+ per day.

If you are looking for some low cost hosting checkhttp://www.acebs.com. I have good experience dealing with them.

Lara

Tabasco
  • 2005/3/20 18:51

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

We had Canaca for a few months and dumped them. Doteasy offers a lot like Canaca did.

I think with the bandwidth and space you need, you need to look at a VDS - Virtual Dedicated Server. We use to host our gaming server through FDC servers in Chicago, and they have VDS now at a pretty good price:

http://www.fdcservers.net/fdcvps.html

Tabby

mouacy
  • 2005/3/21 1:29

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

Quote:

Tabasco wrote:
http://www.fdcservers.net/fdcvps.html
Tabby

Wow! I might try it next year when I need a dedicated server. Still have questions about server reliability though...

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits