Click on the image for a better pic.

Let me know what you think.

brash
Re: Another theme converted.... www.bf2online.com
  • 2005/2/16 22:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Man I am hanging for this game . I think you've done a great job layout wise, but my feeling is that grey is used way too much. Perhaps break it up a bit with the use of more of the red and yellow, maybe even just different shades of grey would help. I think the logo would look better if it were colour rather than just grey like it is.

The use of graphics is also quite heavy and the total site came in at around 370k and took over 40 seconds for me to load the site from the E1 (2mbit) connection here at my work. You might want to look at some image optimisation there to get the size down.

Great job overall though

talunceford

I discovered something very cool that you can do with smarty. With smarty you can cycle through classes. I setup my left menu to cycle through header images for the corresponding block titles. I was kinda sick of the way that you were limited to just the block header and image background. I stumbled across the cycle code whilst looking at the polls template.

You can see what I mean by checking out the site. www.bf2online.com, and look at the left block. The only stipulation is that you need to know how your blocks will be ordered so that this will work correctly. Then just create the separate classes in the css for your block headers. Works very slick. The only thing that I noticed is that if you have blocks that are controlled by permissions, then it wont work properly then. Blocks that don't have permissions, work like a champ.

P.S. Thanks Brash for the comp and the suggestions!!

talunceford

Ok, got a question for all of you SMARTY pants out there... LOL, I just made a joke... anyway, what XOOPS smarty code would I use if I wanted to display the rank of the user on my web page?

talunceford

Any takers out there?

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits