khampster
database issue...
  • 2005/2/15 16:41

• khampster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

hey wassup,

well I am back from the crap that just happened, and everything went down to crap after i started this site up. Now i just found out the my current hosting server 1t3.com is a wack hosting server... they always go offline and their support services arent liable, they never responded to the service tickets and the emails i sent them. so i decided to switch over to dot5hosting.com

They are pretty good so far, i got more webspace then ever! But one problem is that I need to know how to get the XOOPS site back to normal. I made copies of the database and im currently moving the files of the site to the new server.

I need to know how to change the database name in the XOOPS site, because i cant use the same username and the same password for the database access... is there a way to change this? let me know. thanks.

Herko
Re: database issue...
  • 2005/2/15 16:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You'll have to edit mainfile.php with the new values for physical path, database etc.

Herko

khampster
  • 2005/2/16 0:11

• khampster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

so is that the only file i have to modify in the file? all i have to do is to make a database and thats it rite?

jdseymour

Yes just mainfile.php if your root path is different you will need to change that also, but thats about it.

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits