cindreta
wordbook module help
  • 2005/2/13 20:49

• cindreta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 9

Hello i have this module for a very long time on my website and recently it just won't work. I didn't touch anything....the problem is that the module won't show the definition text it shows everything a short descrption title aouthor just the defintion. YOu can see the text when you want to print it but when you clik on the name of the def. you get no definition. could someone help me!

jdseymour
Re: wordbook module help

I am having this same problem. Have been trying to resolve this in my spare time for a few weeks now. Still no luck.

You say that it used to work (for me it never did) is there anything that you can think of changing before this started to occur?

carnuke
  • 2005/2/13 22:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

What is your XOOPS version? I have a 2.0.6 site that runs wordbook perfectly and has been stable for some months. No special attention given either, just a straight forward installation.

hsalazar built this module, but I don't see him around much these days, so we have to figure this out ourselves, I think.

Shine
  • 2005/2/13 23:18

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Have a XOOPS 2.7.3 and wordbook installs and runs without any flaws for some time.

Could the php version be the problem?

Mine is: PHP Version 4.3.0

Grtz., Shine

jdseymour

I am running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and PHP version 4.3.10.

When viewing a single word I can see the word itself in bold, the word Definition: in bold followed by nothing on the second line, then on the next line Reference: followed by the reference info.

So something is preventing the definition text itself, that is stored properly in the database, from showing only when viewing a single word from within the module itself. The definition shows properly in blocks.

cindreta
  • 2005/2/14 8:06

• cindreta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 9

Hm...yes i am runnig on XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and my php version is PHP 4.3.10 , it used to work just fine and a few days ago it stopped showing only the definition text, if it is becos of the php version maby my server admins upgaded it so it won't work, if it is cos of that???

carnuke
  • 2005/2/14 8:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

My server is also on 4.3.10 since santy worm issue. No problems have occured since then.

jdseymour

Lets see, it runs fine on XOOPS version 2.0.6 and PHP 4.3.10,
it runs under 2.0.7.3 PHP 4.3.0.

It does not show definition text in 2.0.9.2 with PHP 4.3.10, or 2.0.7.3 with PHP 4.3.10.

I just checked with the default theme on my site, still did not show the definition text.

What other variables should we look to, seems that what we see here should not cause problems.

Here is the smarty debug output for a word:

Quote:
{$thisterm} Array (16)
id => 13
categoryID => 1
catname => Windows Server 2003
term => ActiveX component
init => A
definition => empty
ref => Managing and Maintaining\r\na Microsoft...
url => empty
submitter => <a href="http://www.warpigw2.com/user...
submit => 0
datesub => Thursday, 20-Jan-2005, 22:40
counter => 1
block => 1
offline => 0
notifypub => 0
dir => wordbook

Notice it says the definition is empty, it is not.

To further the mystery the submit link on the main page does not work properly, I get a mostly white page with some information that should be on the page but with no style, formating or text entry form.

Let me add MySQL debug for the entry:

Quote:
SELECT * FROM ****_wbentries WHERE submit = '0' AND offline ='0'

SELECT categoryID, name, total FROM ****_wbcategories ORDER BY name ASC
SELECT entryID, categoryID, term, init, definition, ref, url, uid, submit, datesub, counter, html, smiley, xcodes, breaks, block, offline, notifypub FROM ****_wbentries WHERE entryID = 72
SELECT name FROM ****_wbcategories WHERE categoryID = 1
SELECT entryID, term FROM ****_wbentries

I removed the A-Z entry querries as they were redundant, and too many prefixes to clear.

Shine
  • 2005/2/14 12:50

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Smarty debug

Quote:
{$thisterm} Array (14)
id => 17
term => Stiefouderadoptie
init => S
definition => Ingevoerd in 1979.<br />Bij een stief...
ref => ministerie van justitie
url => empty
submitter => <a href="http://www.adoptietrefpunt.n...
submit => 0
datesub => Wednesday, 24-Nov-2004, 20:53
counter => 0
block => 1
offline => 0
notifypub => 0
dir => wordbook

With you I see the difference.......you have categories.....I havent. I am curious if Carnuke made use of this caterory option within this Wordbook module.
Otherwise the problem must laying at the category-feature use within this module.

Try this module without making categories and see what happens then!

Grtz., Shine

karedokx
  • 2005/2/14 13:05

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i have ever asked hsalazar last year, as i found some issues (one of them is the one you mention above) with the wordbook on my XOOPS 2.0.7. hsalazar responded that he developed the wordbook for XOOPS 2.0.6 and yes it has some compability issue with XOOPS 2.0.7.

at that time, hsalazar said that he is going to fix the problem and released it shortly. unfortunately he is then disappeared (taking such a loonngggg break) :(

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits