garbelini
Dokuwiki - A really good wiki working with xoops
  • 2005/2/13 19:14

• garbelini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/10

I always found the wiki implementations available as XOOPS modules or very feature poor or too buggy, so I started to search for a better solution. After some search I found what became for me the very best wiki php implementation for simple things: Dokuwiki. The formatting engine is rich, the version management is good with a nice compare function, supports namespaces, is really fast and the installation process could not be simpler. The only drawback is, arguably, the flat file persistance, which can be sometimes an advantage itself, but this is not the point.
The next step would be to make Dokuwiki work as a XOOPS module and I figured out this is a piece of cake.

I wrote a simple guide to help other people do the same.

http://www.garbelini.net/modules/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=xoops:dokuwiki

Dokuwiki:
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

Cheers,
Marco Garbelini

Mithrandir
Re: Dokuwiki - A really good wiki working with xoops

Wow - very simple indeed. Looking forward to hearing of experiences with this once it is used a bit more extensively

On behalf of the XOOPS Community - thank you very much.

-DJNZ-
  • 2005/2/14 1:46

• -DJNZ-

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Dokuwiki looks very interesting. Particularly for me, as I have been working on an integration of WikkiTikkiTavi to XOOPS - I am reluctant to post a link as the site is such a mess while development work is going on but here goes... (don't let the theme put you off, it IS xoops, and I like yellow).

So I wonder, shall I continue with my project which adds permissions, XOOPS comments, integration of XOOPS search and notifications to Tavi, or should I move the project to Dokuwiki? Or does noone here like wikis anyway?

garbelini
  • 2005/2/14 15:54

• garbelini

• Just popping in

Mmmm.. tough question. I don't know if you will need a more fine-grained security but Dokuwiki already has something implemented on that, it's still unfinished but it's supposed to work fine.
Concerning the comments and the notifications I intend to do these shortly anyway but I'm not promising anything. ;)

The search integration is already done !!!
http://www.garbelini.net/modules/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=xoops:dokuwikisearch

I'll open a thread in one of the dev forums to get some help from the comunity, I'm gonna need it.

Marco

WarDick
  • 2005/2/14 16:09

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

What is unique about this wiki? I agree we need a well integrated wiki. But we keep reinventing the wheel. Wiwimod is a great start but lacks a rich source of wiki syntax. However its integration into the XOOPS environment is hard to beat. If you could combine your interest to further assist in this direction I believe we would have a much better wiki solution.

garbelini
  • 2005/2/14 17:13

• garbelini

• Just popping in

I was looking for a simple wiki with rich syntax and found an online WYSIWYG tool in Wiwimod. After looking around a little bit I found out that the easiest way to get what I wanted was to make some very simple adaptations on Dokuwiki.
In this case the integration was really really simple, check it out. The hard work was on the CSS.

Besides that, I would love, from the bottom of my heart, to dicate more time helping XOOPS do grow but I know myself. My lazyness is stronger than anything else in the universe. Besides that I currently have no infrastructure whatsoever to work at home, like for example, a desk. :(

SpeedAirMan

So cool !
I was searching for a Wiki module adapted for Xoops...
I use already DokuWiki for a small website, and it's amazing, the developper do a really good work !
I can't hope better for my future website !
Thx a lot !

Speed
  • 2005/2/23 19:45

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Nice work!

Do standard module rights work with this module? If I only give view access to "Registered Users" will that group be the only ones able to see it and access it? I'm curious as that would be sufficient for my needs as far as authorization goes without needing to make the webmaster-only change.

Thanks!

Mithrandir

Quote:
Do standard module rights work with this module?

Yes

Depending on how DokuWiki enforces editing rights, this can be sufficient for your needs.

I'm sure garbelini can shed more light on this aspect.

Speed
  • 2005/2/23 23:11

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Excellent! I'll be diving into this then over the weekend.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits