wicked34
banner doesnt stay active
  • 2005/2/13 14:22

• wicked34

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/27

was wondering why my banner wont carry over after clicking another link ie: message board, links. the banner shows on the main page, but after clicking link to open another link it goes away?

my example would be like this site, doesnt matter what you click you banner stays there....

any help would be appreciated...

thank you

DonXoop
Re: banner doesnt stay active

Where is the banner code in your theme? Most themes put it in the theme.html in the header portion which would make it visible on every page. You could have it there, in the footer, or even in a block. If it is in a block then it would only appear on pages you have set that block to appear in.

wicked34
  • 2005/2/13 15:01

• wicked34

• Just popping in

I actually have it in my theme.html

even when adding it in the banner manager, the banner shows on main page, but after clicking link to something like forums, it either goes away, or only shows some of it, regardless of a refresh or clearing my template cache folder..

kinda weird

wicked34
  • 2005/2/13 15:38

• wicked34

• Just popping in

lol this is weird. i can take a original theme file, test it and everything works. then edit it and take out the the code they have for their banner, put my link in and it will show on the main page but when you click another link, it will only show some test that is in the banner....

I love it though, great open source software. it is always fun to try and find out what is going on, and to be a ble to fix it. just gets frustrating at times hehe

Login

Who's Online

396 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 396

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits