LazyBadger
Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Tested OK, and modified files combined into one package.

Currently killed - no complaints to hack, only to <...> (unknown direction, probably Koivi) - it adds BR at the end of text (unhandled by renderer and shown "as-is", at least in some modules), reformatted into one big line forum-posts is nightmare

LazyBadger
OT Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
do you read this in the document of koivi editor:

No, "C00l Z1ZopZ never read docZ"

samuels
Re: OT Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops
  • 2005/2/4 0:54

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

@tzvook
Please be more specific. Perhaps my editor is a crap but I'm working on it. For example why image management is bad? I'm always open to suggestions. Tell me what you miss, or what you hate. And if you found a bug, please let me know.

As you know Htmlarea has a huge community behind, helping, reporting bugs e.t.c.
Or see Fckeditor, normally one of the most active projects on sourceforge. Now, some xoopsers are helping me, and I'm releasing new versions regulary.
Give me one oportunity, the last will be the first lol.

@LazyBadger
Global wysiwyg replacement is really difficult to do without problems.

Some times modules use deprecated functions, or directly convert linebreaks to <br>.

Xoops editors framework project will handle with this (It will include Htmlarea, Fckeditor, TinyMce, XK e.t.c).

This hack helps me a lot (thx Herve), cause it increase the number of testers for XK, and that's what I need!!!

irmtfan
Re: OT Re: [mini guide] How to quickly replace all the textarea with kiovi in Xoops
  • 2005/2/4 7:07

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

thank you all
i want change the default direction to RTL and default font to Tahoma
i read the document and add this line to formdhtmltextarea.php
$this->setDirection("rtl");

but it doesnt work. how can i do it?
and i add Tahoma to font list but how can i make it default?

samuels
  • 2005/2/4 11:57

• samuels

• Quite a regular

You can change text direction globally changing line 84 on formwysiwygtextarea.php

$this->setDirection("ltr");

by:

$this->setDirection("rtl");

The default font will be defined by your css theme file when you submit the content.

In next versions I'll add an option to attach css files to the editor and you'll be able to control this.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/4 21:19

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

samuels wrote:
@tzvook
As you know Htmlarea has a huge community behind, helping, reporting bugs e.t.c.

Being in this community for a few years now, made all other wysiwyg looks behind.
there's a few image managers for htmlarea out there, one is mine, but that's not the reason I mentioned it, the good ones let you easily and friendly manage images on server + a lot of other options in it (sub directories in the images root dir, delete dirs/images, controll hspace, vspace, full alignment, title, alt, rename on the fly during upload .... and more....
2.03 is bugless though just IE, and is slow just if you fill it with addons.
3.0 rc 3 is great and support mozila + firefox for mac and so on.... and is much faster!!!!

Anyway, I can see kiovi is improoving fast , so .....

samuels
  • 2005/2/5 1:12

• samuels

• Quite a regular

I have integrated XOOPS imagemanager into koivi. Imagemanager allows categories, group permissions, upload restrictions e.t.c. There are more powerfull imagemanagers on web but I think the way is to improve XOOPS image manager and not try to do parallel work.

About image handling, there is a screenshot of koivi image properties dialog.

Resized Image

Please, don't consider it like a stupid defence. I can learn a lot from users, and if as I can see, you have some experience with wysiwyg, any sugesstion is always valuable.

The only reason to use koivi is because is made to fit with xoops. My idea is to make a XOOPS wysiwyg editor. If something changes in xoops, kovi will change too.

The aim of Htmlarea, Fckeditor and others is different. They are more generic and independant.

In the following days I want to make a review about some editors, (Htmlarea, Koivi, Fckeditor, Spaw and TinyMce)
The topics; speed, functions e.t.c

It will help me to discover what fails in koivi, and if you want I'll send you before publish to know your opinion.

tzvook
  • 2005/2/5 1:36

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

samuels
It seems that what I saw was old, didn't saw that one, is there a link to a demo of the last version ?

samuels
  • 2005/2/5 2:56

• samuels

• Quite a regular

Take a look here:
http://www.forjandoleyendas.com/public/testsite/modules/news/submit.php

If you want to try news publishing use this:
user: test
pass: test

WarDick
  • 2005/2/5 3:29

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

@samuels

Hi I really like the koivi editor. Yes the gecko problems sucks but your editor does not. I hope that you will consider making myalbum a part of the imagemanger coupled with your form this would be a very powerful combination. It has the capability to insert thumbnails or the full size image.

If your form had a counter of some sort it would be a powerful advertisement manager as well. You could place an image in your content for a specific time or impressions. I do not see the imagemanger as doing anything other than getting the number or time of image display. The count down would be the job of a smart block.

Anyway I like your editor very much. I am using it in edito and wiwimod it does a good job.

Best Wishes,

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits