hangar1
Double post problem
  • 2005/1/27 0:45

• hangar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/28

HELLO FELLOW XOOPER'S,
I've got a problem with my Links version 1.1 module and dont have a clue how to fix. I would hate to delete all and start over since I have spent some time loading all the different links and such.
On to the problem..
Links 1.1 worked great for some time. Now, the module is posting double of everything. Each link is actually displayed twice (thumb image, description, link etc..).
I actually had the same problem with Myalbum-P 2.84 and ended up deleting and starting over. I didn't have very many photo's loaded so the delete option was not as critical. Anyway, after reloading myalbum-p 2.84, it seems to function normally but still a problem with links 1.1.
To see the links page I speak of click HERE.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion offered!

Felon
Re: Double post problem
  • 2005/2/11 21:08

• Felon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/27

Wow. I am having the same problem. I'm getting duplicate entries in both the mylinks mod and the mydownloads mod. Any thoughts?

hangar1
  • 2005/2/24 2:18

• hangar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/28

The only way I know is to delete and start over.
Wish someone could offer a little help since I dont want to delete my links module

m0nty
  • 2005/2/24 2:37

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it's hard to offer any help when we can't replicate the problem..

what version of XOOPS are you using? are you using custom templates? can't see the templates causing this problem at all but just tryin to narrow it down a bit..

are you double clicking? cache problems? maybe turn cache off for the modules and try again.. altho i tried these on my site and it works fine for me and no matter what i tried i couldn't get it to double post..

brash
  • 2005/2/24 3:33

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I've had the exact same problem with both MyLinks and MyDownloads, with both times occuring when we clicked over the new year for the last two years. Never did find out why this happened, at first I thought I had been subject to somekind of SQL injection attack. Then it seemed very strange to me that it happened at the exact same time of year, two years in a row .

Anyway, as the problem involes duplicate records, you cannot use an SQL statement to simply delete the unwanted data. What I did to fix it was export the appropriate database table(s) to an SQL file and then manually deleted each duplicate record. I then removed (dropped) that table(s) from the database and imported my modified SQL file back into the database. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than starting again.

Felon
  • 2005/2/24 4:06

• Felon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/27

Thanks, I'll try that.

ackbarr

Quote:

brash wrote:
Anyway, as the problem involes duplicate records, you cannot use an SQL statement to simply delete the unwanted data.

Though I don't know why your records were duplicated (check that the first column is set as a primary key), but this sql script formula should help if the entire record is duplicated:

--Create a temp table to hold our records
-- (modify to match table schema with duplicates)
CREATE TABLE 
dupe_table_temp
(id INTname VARCHAR(20));

--
Copy records into temp table
INSERT INTO dupe_table_temp
(id,nameSELECT DISTINCT id,name FROM bad_table;

--
Remove all records from original table
DELETE FROM dupe_table
;

--
Move records back into original table
INSERT INTO dupe_table
(id,nameSELECT id,name FROM dupe_table_temp;

--
Remove temp table
DROP TABLE dupe_table_temp
;

brash
  • 2005/2/24 5:36

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You've very correct ackbarr. Infact wouldn't you just have to export that table, delete it from the database and import it again without needing modifications? MySQL *should* see the duplicate entries and just skip onto the next record shouldn't it?

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits