duncanfrewin
Problem editing my Groups

Hello,

I have a problem in system module.

I see an error 406 since yesterday when I try edit my Groups in system admin menu. I see the message follow:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/system/admin.php could not be found on this server.

What is this? How I fix this error?

I'm using Opera browser, but with Internet Explorer the same error is displayed.

Sorry for the bad english...

thebigkk
Re: Problem editing my Groups
  • 2005/1/20 14:14

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

I'm having exactly the same error, and as yet have not found the cause, or a fix. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

gnixon
  • 2005/2/16 17:48

• gnixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

I am having the same issue. I would really appreciate any help.

Gambero[removed]

What version of XOOPS are you using ?
Did it stop working since you installed any module ?
Did you check if you have that file (/modules/system/admin.php) on your server ?

irmtfan
  • 2005/2/16 18:05

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

please contact your hosting provider and ask them for any software firewall that restrict your access.
also see thus topic it sounds similar:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16236&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

gnixon
  • 2005/2/16 18:26

• gnixon

• Just popping in

XOOPS 2.0.9.2

I don't know if it was working before I installed any modules. So that is hard to answer.

I do have the file. All other items work.

No firewalls. I have access to everything else. Just this one page does not work. And I doubt it's to many users. There's just the admin account and my test account.

gnixon
  • 2005/2/16 19:16

• gnixon

• Just popping in

OK, just to make sure...I uninstalled everything. Then did a clean install of Xoops. Still got the same error. The only module installed is the system module. Not sure where to go from here.

irmtfan
  • 2005/2/16 19:21

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i talk about any software install in your server not in your computer.
if this problem suddenly appear for you and you dont change anything i nearly sure its something about your hosting and server side
contact them about that

gnixon
  • 2005/2/16 19:26

• gnixon

• Just popping in

The install was on the server. And I'm not so sure it's about the hosting or server side. This is now a clean install of XOOPS on the server. The only module installed is the system module. Everything else works.

thebigkk
  • 2005/2/16 21:29

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

G'day Folks. I had the same issue a while back. The problem is the hosting provider had made changes to the security of the server. I believe the changes were made to the mod_security, though i'm not 100 percent sure. I spoke the the hosting company who then returned the security setting to what they were previously, and that fixed all of the 406 errors. Everything works fine now. My syggestion to ppl are having this issue is to contact your hosting service and ask them to have a look at the security settings. When I spoke to my provider, they new the cause straight up, so I'd think it is a fairly simple issue for them.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits