carnuke
Help me catalogue error messages for new FAQ category .
  • 2005/1/13 16:50

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I am looking to start a new FAQ category of error messages, explanations and some possible causes/ remedies. This is intended as a quick lookup guide. Many messages can be interpreted with a little explanation about what is being displayed in the error message.

So far we have the following with explanations.

Quote:

- Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

- Unable to install ???. Error(s): Unable to write to main menu

- Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in path\something\kernel\config.php on line 223
Unknown Condition [: in file line

- Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myname/public_html/mainfile.php:101) in file user.php line 59

I know many errors are specific, so I'm looking for common occurances and their explanation/ remedies.

Can you add to this list, or add links to existing forum discussions on this subject.

Thanks.

irmtfan
Re: Help me catalogue error messages for new FAQ category .
  • 2005/1/13 17:20

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

simply a warning when template_c is not writable by server:
Warning [PHP]: fetch(templates_c%%6E^6E8^6E8C036B%%db%3Asystem_block_login.html.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file classsmartySmarty.class.php line 1255

carnuke
  • 2005/1/13 18:10

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks, irmtfan... any more.?

Widget
  • 2005/1/25 15:43

• Widget

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I just recently got this error when I did a freash install of version 2.0.9.2. I couldn't connect to my database. It was an error in my part for not filling in the correct information during installation.

I went to this topic forumhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8208&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0 but I couldn't understand the technical mambo jumbo.

Here is what I did when I installed XOOPS in my web server.
1. I did was overwrite and upload all the .php files back to the server.

2. Went to MySql and made my database and added a user.

database: website
user: master

3. Ran the install wizard. When I got to the page where I had to fill in my info this is what i filled in.

NOTE: When I made my database I notice that my username for logging into my cpanel was included when i made a new database and username. EX. username is "ffff" make sure to include the ffff with your database and user.

Example:
Database: MySQL
Database: Hostname localhost
Database: Username ffff_master
Database Password: whatever
Database Name: ffff_website
Table Prefix: whatever
Use persistent connection? No
XOOPS Physical Path /xxxx/ffff/public_html/xxxx
XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)http://www.domain.com/xxx

After doing this I was able to connect to the database and complete the install.

jensclas

I can't tell you specifically what all the error messages are (cos I stopped asking about them if things seemed ok) but as a newbie I got really frustrated with warning messages that when i posted about them I was told not to worry about them.

1. It solved my problem but
2. I did not learn anything from the warning - why ot was there, what it meant and what I could do to remove it when debug is turned on.

By searching in - view account - posts - anyone can find posts they have made about an error:

Hereis one thread you can use.

hereis another one.

this onewent unanswered

this is onethat herko helped me with

and oneanswered by Akbar

Hope this helps - anyone can look up their posts to find similar...I wonder if a search on error message, warning, etc would help hunt them all down?

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

90 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 90

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits