Palinka
How to input content?
  • 2005/1/11 14:18

• Palinka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Hi,

I'm checking some opensource cmsses to see which on is best for our company. I've checked exponent and mambo and now im checking xoops.

I liked exponent very much because I understood it immediately and could input content immediately. However exponent is quite new and does not have that many themes and modules.

I liked XOOPS as well but had much more trouble editing content, but XOOPS is much bigger than exponent. I also had problems installing a multi language website.

Now I installed xoops, after half an hour I still cannot find out how to insert content in the home section (The only button in the menu after installation). I thought i'd look at the documentation, there was a section named content in it so I thought I could find it there. The only thing the content section contains is a few lines on how important content is

Can anybody help me out???????

Thanks in advance,

Colin

carnuke
Re: How to input content?
  • 2005/1/11 14:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Colin , hello and welcome to XOOPS forums

Where to begin...? Look at the FAQ section HERE
The categories are pretty self explanatory and cover questions just like yours here.

Also pop over to the documentation site (in mt=y link here ) and check out some of the 'official documents'

Post back if this is not helping you.

Richard

dgill
  • 2005/1/11 14:29

• dgill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

Hi Colin if you go into your administration menu a number of your questions will answer themselves. I was the same way as you when I first installed Xoops. The biggest choice you have to make is do you want a certain module displayed on your home page? If so you simple go into the system admin preferences general settings area and select the module in the appropriate drop down box. Then say you had news as your home page module you add edit and administer your news via the news module. There are a number of ways to put content on the home page as well without having a module selected. Custom Blocks being one that has worked well for me. As well there are a number of Modules out there see the module repository on this site that enable businesses to use XOOPS more effectively i.e. Tiny Content. I hope this helps some and makes sense. Like I said at the first the best way to initaly learn it I found was to take a look around and see what you can do in your admin area.

These Forums have proven to be a great means of communication with others in the XOOPS community and I for one am very pleased with the response time and the commitment of the community to make XOOPS the best. I am sure you will find the same.

Darren

carnuke
  • 2005/1/11 14:32

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks for that dgill,

Try THIS FAQ for starters and read others in this category also.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits