karnabh
Forbidden error while accessing Home Page on website
  • 2005/1/9 2:46

• karnabh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 2

Hello all,

I'm totally new to Xoops. I have successfully installed Xoops. Apache, MySQL and PHP all are working fine. My DOcument root for Apache is /Xoops and I have the html folder in it.

When I click Home Page on the website or on any module that i have installed the page dosent open (that is it dosent go to xoops/html/index.php) instead it goes to xoops/html and then says "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /html/ on this server."

Any help? I have successfully run a website using PHPnuke with no such error, dont understand why this error here.

Thanx

jdseymour
Re: Forbidden error while accessing Home Page on website

if /Xoops is the root folder, then all of those files and folders should be in the /Xoops folder, not the /html folder.

What is the root path on mainfile.php. That is where your XOOPS install should be.

karnabh
Re: Forbidden error while accessing Home Page on website
  • 2005/1/9 23:13

• karnabh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 2

I have my directory root for apache as
Xoops/html

my mainfile.php is in xoops/html

But when i click on homepage I again get the forbidden access message. Then i have to type index.php in front of Xoops/html to go to the homepage.

I installed modules as instructed (for example weather module) then i activated the block. But again when i click on something it gives me the same error.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Login

Who's Online

497 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 497

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits