dreamgear
"This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop
  • 2005/1/4 16:49

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

Pardon me if I'm in a bit of a panic.

Last week on my test system here at home, my XOOPS installation (2.7.3) got into a state where I get the box that says "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed.", and then loops there. If you hit cancel you go back to the start page, if you hit submit it loops". If you go back to the start page and click on the administration menu you go to the loop.

This seemed pretty strange since I'm behind a rather tight firewall and noone else has any access to this system. So figuring I must have messed something up, I removed completely and reinstalled xoops. I immediately had the same problem.
Hmm.

So no for the panic. Today I logged in as admin on one of my production sites and just tried to switch a couple of blocks on and off. At first it said the database update succeeded but there was no apparent effect (no caching). So then I edited one of the blocks, set the visibility there and submitted. I got an error number (didn't record it). I got into preferences and turned php debug on (come to think of it I did this on my home system too I think). Then I found myself in the exact same loop as I had on my home system. No php debug in effect, and the site seems to work other than that administration is inaccessible.

One more thing.. my my home system I found this in the error log:

[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsblock.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 28
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/ERW:/usr/share/php/Smarty') in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 28
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 62
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/ERW:/usr/share/php/Smarty') in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 62

All the paths seem correct.

Please help. Thanks.

Bender
Re: "This is your first time to enter the administration section." loop
  • 2005/1/4 17:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Firewall: HTTP Referrer?

Xoops-rootpath/cache: Directory permissions still 777?

ackbarr

Quote:
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsblock.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 28
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/ERW:/usr/share/php/Smarty') in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 28
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 62
[client 192.168.65.104] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/ERW:/usr/share/php/Smarty') in /var/www/html/xoops/header.php on line 62

The lines above that refer to XOOPS_ROOT_PATH, is that exactly what is in the log files, or did you put the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH placeholder there? If that is exactly what is in the log file, that implies that there is a problem with your mainfile.php script. Have you modified that file directly?

dreamgear
  • 2005/1/4 22:04

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, that is exactly what is in the log file on my home system. But now for some reason I'm no longer getting that error on that system, although the problem remains.

I checked the permissions on both systems.. they're correct.

The firewall shouldn't be messing with http-referrer. Just in case, I turned off the squid cache. No change.

The production system isn't logging any errors either.

What exactly is XOOPS checking to see if this is the first time I've used the admin menus ?

ackbarr

it looks for the file /cache/adminmenu.php If that file doesn't exist, it gives you that prompt and tries to generate it.

dreamgear
  • 2005/1/4 22:09

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok, you're never going to believe this.

I have discovered that my problems go away if I use IE instead of Firefox ! I still get the first message saying that this is the first time, but then when I click submit I go to the admin menu normally !

brash
  • 2005/1/4 22:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You correct, I don't believe it . Just kidding.

I never thought I'd see the day where something worked properly in IE, but not Firefox. What happens if you try accessing the admin menu with Firefox now?

dreamgear
  • 2005/1/4 22:31

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

I cleared Firefox's cache and the problem went away. So then I went in to try to twiddle the block visibility like I wanted to. No go. It just didn't do it. If I tried to edit the block and change the visibility there it gave me "block update failed - id: nn" or something like that.

I tried disabling the web developer extension (handy, that) and restarted firefox. Same problem. Clead the cache again. Still a problem.

What's more, earlier I was having trouble posting to this forum with firefox. With IE it would work. I emailed the error to Herko since I thought there was something wrong with the site.

This is the first instance of firefox misbehaving that I can remember, and I've been using it since 0.7 or so.

The only thing I can think to try is replacing the fancy "Moox" build of firefox that I have (that was compiled with SSE2 instructions for my P4 3Ghz with hyperthreading) with a vanilla build.

What would firefox have to be doing to give me all these symptoms ?

ackbarr

first off - have you tried those same block actions in IE? If so, do they work?

jasoncc
  • 2005/1/5 0:05

• jasoncc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/11

Hi,
I had the same problem.
Maybe you were using the url relative path.
After I changed to url absolute path, then the problem was solved.
I suggest you can try it.

Good luck,

Jason

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits