jensclas
Quality Assurance

Hi - Posting here as I don't have access to the forum where I was reading the discussion about QA and smoketesting. This was my reponse:

Quote:
Hi Dave- I can't post in your QA and smoketest discussions - but I wanted to ad my 2 cents worth. I see the phrase 'well documented' is mentioned but there is a difference between documentation for developers and documentation for newbies wanting as someone else puts it an out of the box do it yourself kind of web site...Xoops commuity is getting better with newbies - but many modules are shockers with their instructions/read me files. I think that someone ought to pay atention to language use too...for example lovely japanese or chinese module writers not getting their english right means more work for newbies to find and edit errors...One of the guest book modules would be an example...another is moodle for XOOPS as the author doesn;t write english well - but i am working with him to create a more useful English installation file.
I love the way some non english speakers use our language and try to communicate effctively - but if a module is to be available in english (or any other language for that matter - eg french, chinese etc) the support team working in that language should make dure the read me is accurate...and if they really want their module used they should consider writing them in newbie language too.

Cheers -
Jenny

Dave responded:
Quote:
Are you volunteering to help out with documention?

I suggest that you repost this in whichever forum you think is the most appropriate, so that it can be discussed further.

I am helping where I can through smartFAQ - and as I have said before will help with documentation as i feel more confident myself.

check this thread

Cheers
Jenny

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits