• Since: 2003/10/24

i could have swore it said thinking abt dumping XOOPS a bit back.. :-|

falke
Re: Thinking About Dumping PHP-Nuke
  • 2004/12/30 13:04

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/25

You are not dreaming...... it did! He must have changed his mind....
regards/falke

council
  • 2004/12/30 16:04

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

Quote:

falke wrote:
You are not dreaming...... it did! He must have changed his mind....
regards/falke

It's true -- my love affair with PHP-Nuke lasted about three hours.

I'm back...!

R

menochi
  • 2004/12/30 17:01

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Welcome back!

carnuke
  • 2004/12/30 17:23

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Council,

Did you say WHY?... I don't think so. All I can say is every CMS has its strong and weak points, so switching may simply be a choice of needing a different set of features not offered by Xoops, and that's just fine. (as Mith suggested) However, if there are obvious problems/ lack of features/ whatever with Xoops, we want to hear about them, in a positive constructive way. That way, we all benefit and you get your 'dream' CMS

want to play ???

council
  • 2004/12/31 21:15

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Council,

Did you say WHY?... I don't think so. All I can say is every CMS has its strong and weak points, so switching may simply be a choice of needing a different set of features not offered by Xoops, and that's just fine. (as Mith suggested) However, if there are obvious problems/ lack of features/ whatever with Xoops, we want to hear about them, in a positive constructive way. That way, we all benefit and you get your 'dream' CMS

want to play ???

I was reading something the inventor of Php Nuke said about Xoops. He said Xoops's object-oriented format is good for very large sites but not good for small ones. His logic seem to make sense, so I installed PHP-Nuke and played around with it.

At first, it seemed very fast and the default themes seemed a lot more polished than Xoops'. Then I began noticing little things -- the way the text in all the modules is inferior, no wysiwyg editor, less overall blocks flexability.

Also, the support forum is dead. Posts hang in there for weeks without answers. Finally, I couldn't find anything on the site: modules, themes, showcase sites, nothing was where I expected it to be.

I concluded that PHP-Nuke -- although an obviously outstanding application -- had turned into a Frankenstein -- had became too massive to control.

Ric

sgshell
  • 2005/1/1 0:57

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

There is no support from the core of phpnuke ....that what i know in the pass 3 yrs with phpnuke....security is patch by and support by nuke cop....but the main programmer have already left....

Phpnuke have too many security hole that was ignore by the core...i think is becoz it have lack the manpower to do so...

I use phpnuke coz of the many modules they have .... but i drop phpnuke becoz is it too easily hack...

I was happy that XOOPS have become better and btter...many of XOOPS modules are high quality...but is it far less QUANTITY in term of modules compare to phpnuke...i hope more expert will join XOOPS and more great modules are created for this year 2005.

Happy new year xoopers.......

smdcom

Quality is more important than Quantity...

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits