richbrown
Xoops Manual
  • 2004/12/28 5:51

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it here. Hopefully if it is wrong someone will send it where it should be sent!!!

Anyway, I was thinking would it be the time to start thinking about putting together a XOOPS manual? What I mean is the sort of books that Riley produce in the dummies and bible series.

I am not sure of content and I am fairly sure that within one day of publishing the book would be out of date! But I am sure that there is enough static content for this to be a very exciting project. If the book was a group project with all members being volunteers and the faq content being used ot produce the book, all profits could go directly to XOOPS funds.

The book could be sold with installation disks and extra theme/modules included.

I reckon this could be a very exciting project and I would gladly be involved or even if you wish co-ordinate such a book.

Is this a possible idea?

Thanks.

Rich

Mithrandir
Re: Xoops Manual

Contact Carnuke athttp://docs.xoops.org

carnuke
  • 2004/12/28 9:13

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Rich, This is an interesting idea and AFAIK hsalazar was in the process of authoring a book about xoops. I was involved with the technical editing, but have not heard any news recently.

Such a project would be possible, but I fear it would be out of date on publication. They say a week is a long time in politics, well even longer in the CMS world.

Let's talk about this very soon although my main priority in the new year is to bring the XOOPS FAQ up to the requirements of the community as discussed on other threads.

Herko
  • 2004/12/28 10:53

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

AFAIK hsalazar still is working on the book, as it has been commissioned by Packt Publishing. It's going slower then initially planned due to Hsalazar's busy schedule, but it's getting there. And Hsalazar is one of the best writers I have seen here (no offence to any of the people in Carnuke's team of course!), and what I have seen of his work, was very good.

I'll inquire about this more and get back to you.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits