solo71
What do you think about my new theme?
  • 2004/12/27 15:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

I need your opinion. What do you think about my new theme : WF_Steel ?

Currently visible on the WolFactory

smdcom
Re: What do you think about my new theme?

Great! But personally i don't like the box interface. Just personal opinian. I tooks me more than a minute to load your page on 1MB broadband connection.

SMD

smdcom

Great! But personally i don't like the box interface. Just personal opinian. It tooks me more than a minute to load your page on 1MB broadband connection.

SMD

smdcom

Sorry for double post.. My naughty mouse did it.

studioC
  • 2004/12/27 16:06

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello solo ,

it's fast and clean!

personally don't like marquees and would not use this black background image where the content is placed .. but .. this is personal ... btw. there will be errors validating doctype xhtml 1.0 using this marquee

there also are some misplaced <tr> and double usage of id[mainmenu] but all in all minor things ...

.menuTop a:hover, .menuMain a:hover {} is not really readable on my side (color lightgrey on grey background?)

legend of that fieldset on top in /modules/newbb is a bit too short for the heading text looking with firefox 1.0

it's very good structured with clean code
keep on good work!

michael

solo71
  • 2004/12/27 16:59

• solo71

• Module Developer

Thanks all for those constructive reports. The marquee thingy was just a test.

Pictures are actually in .jgp but I'm planning to change them in .gif and optimise their weight if possible. But still, it is a "graphic" theme.

As for the id[mainmenu], I can't do much about this as the value is default defined with the XOOPS mainmenu themes and the multiMenu.

Light grey on the hover items... Yes you are right. What do you think about .hover values..? Should it be lighter or darker than .a value ?

I have noticed a problem with the legend fieldset, and couldn't find out how to give it a longer value...

As for the misplaced <tr> are they in the theme or in some modules I use ?

Thanks for your help.

Mithrandir

can't say I like it. I'm normally a fan of your work, but this time, I must admit that I find the theme to be even more boring than the one on xoops.org (sorry to be cursing like that )

studioC
  • 2004/12/27 17:45

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello again solo ..

for the legend problem try
legend {padding:5px;}

in your style.css. this should fix it.

Quote:
As for the id[mainmenu], I can't do much about this
of course you are right it's in the modultemplates .. forget about that for i'm normally using my own ...

have a look into the modultemplate eg. system_block_mainmenu.html and change id "mainmenu" to eg. "mainmenu2" but don't forget to add style preferences in your style.css.

eg.
td#mainmenu a.menuMain {
padding-left: 4px;
}

change to:
td#mainmenu a.menuMain, td#mainmenu2 a.menuMain {
padding-left: 4px;
}
if you want the same settings ...
take care not to forget some preferences.

for the place of that misplaces <tr> have a look athttp://validator.w3.org/ with option show source and you can see it better ...

hope this helps ..

michael

solo71
  • 2004/12/27 17:46

• solo71

• Module Developer

He he, Mithy, I agree. This theme is not my favourite neither. Let say it's more a "technical challenge" for me, and the starting point or the basis for more creative theme. I just tried to respect the doctype xhtml 1.0 rules and corrected the html errors I had on my previous themes.

No worry, next one should be more... original.

carnuke
  • 2004/12/27 18:31

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
Mithrandir
can't say I like it. I'm normally a fan of your work, but this time, I must admit that I find the theme to be even more boring than the one on xoops.org (sorry to be cursing like that )

After aglass of wine, that really made me laugh some

Solo, some comments with ie6.

- Load time on dial-up 30 secs.
- menu on hover causes borders to thicken and jump.
- paypal image did not load and thus the title (alt) text breaks the side panel. I had this problem and cut the alt text to 2 words ... PayPal here!
- Center column text seemed to be sized smaller than the column leaving some background to the left.

The theme is easy on the eyes , but seems to lack impact.

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits