jpco_122122
Running Apache & IIS at the same time!

I've been using IIS for my other application. I've also tested Apache and MySQL for my XOOPS. Can I run the same web server at the same time, both IIS and Apache? I've been encountering lots of problem using IIS that's why I decide to use Apache?

Also can I put the database (mysql) on the other computers then XOOPS will just query there.I've been using XOOPs as Intranet.

What are the things that I must do?

brash
Re: Running Apache & IIS at the same time!
  • 2004/12/13 9:52

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You won't be able to run both servers using the standard port 80 as they won't both be able to bind. You *might* be able to multihome your LAN card and run one webserver on each IP seperately. Never tried this though, so don't quote me on it.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/13 11:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi jpco_122122,
u can use APPServ software that consist of MySQL server, Apache and PHP, and from custome install select only MySQL.
Download PHP installer from php.net and from custom install select IIS x.xx ( x.xx = ur IIS version ), if ur windows is Win XP Pro, select IIS 4.x .
and to use XOOPS as intranet u must change 'localhost' in mainfile.php to IP Address of computer that hosting xoops.

DonXoop

Lots of ways to run as many servers as you want.

Bottom line is you can't have the same listening port (80) from multiple processes on the same IP address.

If you bind the server process to specific IPs (vs the generic All IPs) then you can put different servers on each IP.

You can run servers on different port numbers. Maybe Apache on port 80, IIS on 81, etc.

Your MySQL can be wherever you can get access to it from the web server. same box, different box, wherever. Just don't allow access to MySQL from outside the network (firewall access from the internet).

jpco_122122

@Mowaffak
Yes, I already changed the mainfile.php evrything works fine.

@DonXoop & Brash
Yes, I've been using port 80 for IIS and port 8080 for Apache. Can u help me how to setup the XOOPS in IIS. What shall I do?

Also I have a question:

I've been using XOOPS as Intranet,can I install or put the XOOPS database into other computers so my server won't get that big? How can I do this? What are the things that I must change?

Login

Who's Online

520 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 520

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits