beerMe
I submitted a theme, so... (for the Forum Moderator)
  • 2004/12/5 14:42

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

@Forum Moderator --

I submitted a new theme, called "Sunshine" to the xoops.org Themes Library a few days ago. It is the first thing I have submitted for the XOOPS community. Since it is my first submission, I don't know how long it takes to get approved or denied. What should I expect?

Thanks,
beerMe

ackbarr
Re: I submitted a theme, so... (for the Forum Moderator)

Hello beerMe - thanks for submitting a theme to the theme library. This library is maintained by philou. Sometimes it may take a day or so to get your theme added to the library.

When I saw your post, I immediately went to the pending themes list and there were none waiting. This means that your submission did not get added to the database properly. Could you please re-submit that theme and post back here once you have done so? That way I can verify that the module is working properly. I'd hate for it to not work with user submissions.

beerMe
  • 2004/12/5 15:00

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

Okay, I will re-post. When I first tried to post, it would not allow me to actually upload any file. So, instead, I gave a link to my website where the file may be downloaded. If this is not how the Theme Library submission process is supposed to work, then it may be broken. I will try again as soon as I am able. Thanks!

beerMe
  • 2004/12/5 15:11

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

Okay, here are the errors that I received when trying to submit the theme.

When I tried to upload a .zip file including all the theme files, I got a message saying "Mime type not allowed: application/zip"

When I tried to upload a screenshot image (.gif) I got this error:

Errors Returned While Uploading
Failed opening directory with write permission: /home/xoops/public_html/modules/library/images/screenshots/
Failed uploading file: big_shot.gif

I'll go ahead and submit the theme without any files now.

beerMe
Re: I re-submitted my theme (for the Forum Moderator)
  • 2004/12/5 15:15

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

I resubmitted the theme but without any files... Just a link to my downloads page.

philou
  • 2004/12/5 17:09

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

Sorry.. I was not on line this Week End.... I have received your request (the notification mail) but nothing in the admin area...

I have already have seen this problem.
Can you mail to me your theme ? I put it it the library in the minute

beerMe
  • 2004/12/5 17:32

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks, Philou. You should receive the email shortly.

beerMe
Problem submitting theme and navigating Theme Library (for the Forum Moderator)
  • 2004/12/7 21:53

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

It looks like Philou has added my theme directly to the database, and a direct link to the download shows that it is there.

However, when I try to Search for "Sunshine", nothing appears under the "Themes Library" heading. Also, if you go to the Themes Library and click on "S" for alphabetical listing, it shows the first 10 or so themes; if you click the "next page" arrow or the "2" link to see more "S" themes, nothing appears -- the navigation is broken. (I'm using Firefox 1.0)

Finally, it would be really cool if my theme could appear on the xoops.org front page in the "Themes" part of the Latest XOOPS News block, so that the Xoopsers out there will see that something new is available. It would also be good because more experienced Xoopsers could critique my work and give me feedback so I can improve my theme-creating abilities.

Thanks again for the continued support.

ackbarr
Re: Problem submitting theme and navigating Theme Library (for the Forum Moderator)

1. the searching problem was related to permissions - fixed
2. Alphabetical listing bug - fixed
3. News Post - the theme developers submitted their own news articles. If you'd like one for your theme, feel free to submit a news article.

beerMe
Re: Problem submitting theme and navigating Theme Library (for the Forum Moderator)
  • 2004/12/8 2:07

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you Ackbarr!

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits