jdseymour
WarPigw2.com

Well I have been using XOOPS for about a month now. I seem to have things, mostly, running smoothly. I am not much of a themer, so I settled on 7Dana Round theme and customized the style.css some.

As far as content goes, I am such a newbie too. I used to have a static site and got maybe 22 visitors a mounth. This past month well over 600 visitors over 300 unique according to my logs.

Well would like to know what I could improve on, besides updating content regularly. Is there too much on the front page? Not enough? Not the right stuff? Are the colors good or bad? any suggestions are welcome.

My main goal is to get more visitors to stay and hopefully join the site.

Anonymous
Re: WarPigw2.com
  • 2004/12/4 12:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Looks bad in Firefox ...

jdseymour

What looks bad? I use firefox as my main browser. Please let me know. might be my taste is bad .

jdseymour

Ok, if my site looks bad in firefox, I need to know what looks bad so I can fix it. Same for IE or any other browser.

I did not mean to sound harsh in my reply, but wanted a little more information than just "It looks bad in firefox." I need to know if its the colors, layout or if something is broken.

Like I said I am new to web design and colorwise went with default related colors. I use topstyle pro to edit the CSS but I am not too keen on some of the more advanced html tags, classes and such. I am learning but it will take me time. And this community is a great source of knowledge.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 18:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

Isn't that bad ?

Click here!

jdseymour

Yeah, I asked about that before, the reply was this happens in firefox sometimes when the CSS dosn't fully load. But, it only happens every once in a while for me, a refress fixes it.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 18:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

It happens every time to me.

jdseymour

Since you said that, I thought maybe it was because I had the page cached in my firfox. I emptied my cache and loaded the site. Loaded normally.

What else could caus that to happen?

YourHelp
  • 2004/12/9 11:46

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Looks great in Internet explorer good work. Only pitfall is it takes way to long to load and mind you im on ADSL so I really would hate to feel the pain of dial up users visiting your site.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/9 11:59

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

yes with firefox keft block stretched and looks bad. also i have this problem with one of my themes.anyone know the solution?

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits