irmtfan
install a new module set permissions to custom groups automatically
  • 2004/12/2 13:44

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i have 2 custom groups with =many members and 4 custom groups with few members . so whenever i install a new module and going to groups --> " my custom group " i see all permissions( access module/block) has set for groups with many members ( same as registered users group ).
i had this problem with 2.0.7.3 and now have it with 2.0.9 beta too.
it seems a bug and system take all groups with more than X members as "registered users" group.
regards

DonXoop
Re: install a new module set permissions to custom groups automatically

This is my pet peeve for default behaviour when instaling a module.

Actually what is happening I believe is that permissions are set to match that of the user doing the install. All the groups that user is a member of get rights to the new module (and block if you create a new one).

It makes for a messy cleanup afterward. The workaround is to have a webmaster user that isn't a member of any other groups.

irmtfan
Re: install a new module set permissions to custom groups automatically
  • 2004/12/2 16:12

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
All the groups that user is a member of get rights to the new module (and block if you create a new one)

yes thats it. i found the reason finally.thank u.this is not related to the number of members of that group. simply i am a member of that group so when i as a webmaster install a module all other groups that i am a memebr of get rights to that module.

Quote:
It makes for a messy cleanup afterward. The workaround is to have a webmaster user that isn't a member of any other groups.

but i must be a member of other groups because we have a rule in my site that a special group have the permission for enter to a private forum and any user also webmaster must be in this group.
btw will this be modify in the future versions?

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits