brash
Three Feature Requests For Xoops Image Manager
  • 2004/12/2 2:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Been using image manager a bit over the past week or two, and there are a few things that I think could be done to make this great feature even better.

1. Sub categories. If you plan to use a lot of images on your site, then having only a single level of category organisation is going to make your image organisation very cluttered very quickly.

2. Image thumbnailing. This would be useful for saving bandwidth and for those using fixed width themes. If you could have an option to 'enable thumbnail' so that when you upload an image, a thumbnail of definable dimensions and quality of that image (such as in xcGallery) is automatically created. Then when you use image manager to insert an image only the thumbnail is shown, and when you click on the thumbnail the full sized image is opened up in a new window.

3. Sorting in alpabetical order. I found that the number weighting system for ordering image display a little clunky as well. It would be good I think if there was an option to just sort alpabetically on the names you give the images. Perhaps even someway of associating the images with the articles/posts/faqs that they are being used in?

jmass
Re: Three Feature Requests For Xoops Image Manager
  • 2004/12/2 2:26

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Mith once call the image manager the most underutilized feature in Xoops. I agree. I did not even know about it for quite a while.

However, I think it needs some work. It could use the above features to make it better.

brash
  • 2004/12/2 21:32

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Seems we are the only ones JMass

I've logged it as a feature request anyway;

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1077930&group_id=41586&atid=430843

artigas
  • 2005/1/12 15:59

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

These feature would be most welcome.

Thanks In Advance.

tzvook
  • 2005/8/2 22:04

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:
These feature would be most welcome

Yep, I second that, but surely somebody made a hack for that, that can be used as a start ...

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits