AZMATT
Chatroom?
  • 2004/12/2 1:09

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/12

Anyone know a good chatroom I can install?

DonXoop
Re: Chatroom?

Lots of discussion on the site about chat apps, try a search.

I'm using FlashChat fromhttp://www.tufat.com/ . He charges $5 but you get all the source code and it seems to be well behaved and not too CPU/bandwidth hungry.

BTW, I see that you run a Mitsu Lancer site. I run a Subaru site in Toronto (xoops based of course). I signed up on your site and you can see my site's URL in the profile.

AZMATT
  • 2004/12/2 1:35

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

Wow, nice site man. Looks like you put alot of work into it.

Do members need to login to the chatroom seperately or does it use there registered screename?

I did a search earlier and out of the ones I saw, I tried xoopschat and I couldnt get it to work for some reason.

AZMATT
  • 2004/12/2 1:38

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

haha
Subaru, sorry guys....
No worries, most of us like subaru's, I wish I could say the same about Honda's, but I would say 90% of our members hate them with a passion. ;)

DonXoop

Thanks, it is my baby..
We are into Solo2(Autocross)/Solo1/Track etc. We were all on another local site but it got so bad with trash talk and lies so we did our own. That old site is still there and considering it is only a forum site it is pitifully slow and boring. XOOPS is much much better. We are the "old guys" serious about performance.

FlashChat is integrated with XOOPS so it auto logs a user in. I also use ShoutBox as a quick messenger. Both apps are for logged in users only on my site. I don't suggest using a chat app for anon users, it would quickly be abused.

I just saw your signup and approved it. Enjoy. Being logged in will give you a much better look at what I've done. try the chat and shoutbox.

jmass
  • 2004/12/2 1:47

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Big plug for the FlashChat. Best 5$ I ever spent.

AZMATT
  • 2004/12/2 1:53

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

cool thanks

AZMATT
  • 2004/12/2 1:58

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

Is it possible to "detach" the chatroom? so people can use the chat as they are looking at different areas on the site.

AZMATT
  • 2004/12/2 1:59

• AZMATT

• Not too shy to talk

If it can, i'm ordering it right now! lol, thats a very nice chatroom.

DonXoop

hehe, he's checking out my site....

The most used page on my site is "lastposts". It is an empty module that I put the Recent Posts block into. I make it long enough so you can easily catch up. I wish xoops.org did the same, easier than browsing around so many forums.

I'm using FlashChat, shoutbox, myads, and the usual arrary of forums, calendar, news etc. A few tweaks and lots of sweat.

Hope you like it..

===========
update since you posted while I'm posting. The chatroom can do a popup with some hacks, the tufat.com forum has some tips. I haven't attempted that yet. What I've done is to provide a link that opens it in a new screen. Most of our guys open it in a new window or tab. Then it is easy to browse the site in the other window.

As you can see I keep shoutbox as a left block so people can send messages while in chat so that users elsewhere on the site can see.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits