brash
Performance & Scalability Analysis Of Four Xoops Article Modules
  • 2004/11/25 2:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

I've just finished doing an in depth performance & scalability analysis of AMS, Articles 0.17, News 1.2.1 and WF-Sections 2.07 Beta for any that are interested in seeing. I'll post a News item as well, but for now you can see the article here.

phppp
Re: Performance & Scalability Analysis Of Four Xoops Article Modules
  • 2004/11/25 3:27

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

What is the motivation of the analysis?
What is the criterion/a choosing samples?

This recalls me another story that I have reported to XOOPS Official Managers but still no response after a so long time.
On the homepage of a XOOPS Official Local Support Site, the webmaster puts a keynote news item:
Quote:

I have no time for supporting Xoops.
I am working on a CMS drupal better than XOOPS [refer to that famous comparison indicating drupal costs less server load than xoops].
Pleas come to visit our drupal site.

Once NewBB 2.0 Final released, I am going to working on WFsection 2.07 and hope the 2.07 Final can be released by end of this year.

brash
Re: Performance & Scalability Analysis Of Four Xoops Article Modules
  • 2004/11/25 4:15

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

The motivation is explained in the article, but in a nutshell it was due to there being no information of this type available for users (at least non that I know of or could find anywhere). Not sure what you're asking in the second question . What do you mean by samples? The test script entered the exact same content into every article in every module if that is what your asking ?

I'm not sure how this reminds you of a local XOOPS support site that is trying to coax people into visiting a drupal site, as all the modules in my analysis are XOOPS based. Although I do agree that a local XOOPS support site saying they have no time for XOOPS AND trying to get them to visit their new drupal site is a problem.

There is no lying down with you is there phppp . NewBB 2 and WF-Section finals by the end of the year is going to make you a very busy man . I look forward to seeing them both, and will update the WF-Section final data in my article when the final is released.

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits