EdStacey
Can't reach database
  • 2004/11/21 18:15

• EdStacey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

When a hosted web server's MySQL database server goes down... its a mess!

I'm sure everyone has seen this message from time to time, and this subject has probably been discussed before, I can't find a thread about it.. so, bear with me:
--------------------------------------------------------
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file D:\hshome\estacey\skilltechcomputers.com\class\database\databasefactory.php line 34
---------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I don't think the user who cannot reach my site should see, my entire database location to include the name of the php and line number to edit... Thats pretty unprofessional, I'd like to clean that up but I'm not the smartest programmer on the planet. Please help there...
Secondly, any Admin running a site should already know where to do to do the troubleshooting, but this message is also telling visitors where to go to "get involved" in the troublshooting and repair process.. this leads to visitors actually telling you how to try and fix your own site... >ouch!<
What I would greatly appreciate here is some note like, "Can't reach the server, if it has been more than 15 minutes, please contact the administrator at blah, blah email address" or some such thing.. Heck, even a standard HTML page showing an ERROR would be better than what happens now..

Please.. someone.... help.. thank you.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits