jpco_122122
no browse on downloads module!

I had a question, In XOOPS menu I had "Downloads", it does not have a browse button it only contain a link, How can I edit it to have a browse button?

ejuden01
Re: no browse on downloads module!
  • 2004/11/19 21:35

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

I'm not sure that I understand the question fully. Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish?

dirtttracker

I understand the question and have the same problem. In admin I go to downloads and want to submit a downloadable file. There is no browse button to browse to the file I want to upload, so others can download it. I really don't understand how you build a download file, without a way to upload it. It only has url. Files on my computer are not under a URL. Sure like to hear the answer to this.
Thanks for all the help on the site guys.

jpco_122122

Like dirtttracker said, XOOPS had a module called "Downloads", but it does not contain a browse button to locate files in our computers such as C:/mydocuments or C:/Documents and Settings, in this way an average user may not even know how to upload a certain files for downloading.

Can anyone help us how to fix this problem.

dirtttracker

I guess I am just a dummy, but I don't see how anyone can upload a file into this. Hopefully someone can explain this soon. I have a ton of stuff to put in my downloads and really need to get started soon.

jensclas

I can't help with the module problem...but I suggest you use an ftp program to upload the files you want to your downloads module. The trick will be finding the right folder to put them into. If you have a lot of files to upload an ftp program will make short work of them - you won't be doing them one at a time as you would with a single file upload feature in the module.

jpco_122122

I had already find a way to this u had to put the exact directory together w/the file name of the file w/c u want to upload. but up to now I want a browse button and can't find a way to do that.

ejuden01
  • 2004/11/22 14:01

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

<input type="file" name="userfile" id="userfile" class="formButton" />

You will have to look in the code to see what the existing fieldname is and replace "userfile" with the existing name.

Peekay
  • 2004/11/22 22:23

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Just started with XOOPS and I agree the 'standard' download module would really benefit from the facility for user file uploads, with file type and size restrictions. However, there is a alternative solution... nearly.

The 3rd party module 'gsdownloads' allows file uploads by users. It looks pretty good, but unless I am doing something wrong, it appears fatally flawed.

If you want to try it, after installation you will need to manually create a fully-writable 'upload' folder somewhere (the default is 'uploads' in the gsdownloads directory). You also need to CHMOD the gsdownloads/cache/config.php to 777 if you want to change any of the settings.

If you do this, users can select to 'browse' for a file on their HDD and upload it. It works, and the admin control panel for the module announces that there is an upload for 'approval', but this is where it seems to come unstuck.

All the details submitted by the user appear... but there is no way to see the uploaded filename, or create a URL for it. I figured there would be a 'show the related filename' button or something, but sadly not. Maybe someone with PHP skills could add this rather crucial feature.

Unfortunately, can't currently get any support on this from the developerhttp://www.giantspider.biz as his/her website is unavailable. The module has file-type restrictions and appears to support PayPal payment for eBooks too, so would be nice if it all worked.

Peekay
  • 2004/11/23 0:16

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Or... use wfdownload

http://www.wf-projects.com

Which appears to do everything (apparently as used here on Xoops.org). It is not actually listed in the 3rd party 'download managers' list. The developer's notes about installing via a JavaScript only applies if you are upgrading existing items from the standard download module. I just uploaded the module folder and ran the installer. It appears that the mime types for the file types you want to be uploadable must have 'green' lights set for both users and admins.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits