jensclas
probs getting started with Obs Classroom

Oh dear...I need help again!
I installed obs classroom, went into the module and only have a link for preferences. Si I did some reading and the user manual says

All creation, editing and deletion of schools, divisions, classrooms, classes and blocks is handled on the user side of the module. In order to be able to do so, will have to be
visible for the user. This block contains a single statement about whether the user is in edit mode or not and a button to toggle the mode.

What I can't do to get past this step is find
Quote:
the module block “Edit Mode”

in order to turn it on or make it visible. I really like what I have seen of this module and want to give it a try...it's right up there with overall purpose and audience of my site!

TIA
Praying there's a simple answer

Mithrandir
Re: probs getting started with Obs Classroom

You mean that you do not have a block called "Edit Mode" for this module, when you go to System Admin -> Blocks ?

jensclas

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
You mean that you do not have a block called "Edit Mode" for this module, when you go to System Admin -> Blocks ?

This is exactly what I mean - Just took another look down all my blocks again (to make sure I am not going totally insane) and there are no blocks at all for obs classroom - as if the module isn't even there...
Mysterious huh!?

Mithrandir

There is only one block in obs_classroom, so if Edit Mode is not visible, no blocks in the module are visible :)

Are you sure it is not "hiding" somewhere, e.g. only accessible to webmasters or #unassigned? Is it not showing up at all in system admin -> groups ?

Try reuploading the files and update the module.

jensclas

It was hiding somewhere - when I did the deactivate on the module it showed there was a edit mode block with an ID number - but I uninstalled and reinstalled - all goes well

actually for newbiea - it was going well and then pulled up a blank page after turning edit mode on...then I realised it was my web host playing up this time - It is all working now. Thanks for the tip

Mithrandir

Happy to see you well off on this one.
I hope you have fun with it

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits