funkytwig
Agenda-x mimcal number of events shown
  • 2004/11/12 20:40

• funkytwig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

Is it possible to shange the number of events shown above the calinder in minical?

dheltzel
Re: Agenda-x mimcal number of events shown
  • 2004/11/12 21:37

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Right now, the only options are 1 or 0. Why don't you use an event block to show the events?

Can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do?

Dennis

funkytwig
  • 2004/11/13 18:37

• funkytwig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

0 is good but where is it set.

would also like to remove the Post Event link as it is being used for a comunity center for internal events.

not sure if you are involved in its development but in the perfect range it would have a dat/time range, rather than just a data and a price field.

Ben

dheltzel
  • 2004/11/15 15:35

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

funkytwig wrote:
0 is good but where is it set.

would also like to remove the Post Event link as it is being used for a comunity center for internal events.

not sure if you are involved in its development but in the perfect range it would have a dat/time range, rather than just a data and a price field.

Ben

1) I'm not sure which version you are using. In the latest "pre-release" code, there are options in the minical block edit page to turn off the random event link and the image. Older versions required you to edit the "config.inc.php" file to make changes like this.

You can get the latest code here:

http://www.fishroom.net/xoops/agendax20041102.zip

wjue hasn't reviewed this code and given his blessing yet, but I'm using it and am pretty confident that it is more stable than any official version of Agenda-X that is out there.

2) Go into the group permissions of the Agenda-X admin pages and uncheck the "can submit" boxes of the groups that you don't want to get submissions from (anonymous and registered, probably). I haven't actually tested this (it's an old feature, not one I added), but if it doesn't work for you, I'll investigate and promise to fix it immediately

3) I'm not sure I understand the "data and a price field" you are referring to. If you are looking for a start and duration for events, that is in the works. The fields are actually in the table, just not used. It's next on my "todo" list.

Oh yeah - I am a developer. wjue did the bulk of the module originally, but has gotten busy and I've mostly taken over development of new features. I still want to get him to "sign off" on official releases, which is why there hasn't been one in a few months. As I said, the "snapshot" releases are very stable, IMO, and I'm anxious to get feedback about any remaining bugs or annoyances. Bugs in particular, will get squashed quickly if you find any, because I run Agenda-X on a number of production sites, so bugs affect me directly and immediately.

Dennis

twitaman
  • 2004/11/15 16:42

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

The last version of Agenda-X I have is agendax20040416, I was wondering if there were any changes/fixes between this and the version you listed here agendax20041102?

There are two glitches in the version of Agenda-X I am using: 1) The preferences page does not work where you can input values over the look of Agenda-X 2) If your entry has quotations marks in it ' or " then it will not post.

dheltzel
  • 2004/12/6 17:44

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

twitaman wrote:
The last version of Agenda-X I have is agendax20040416, I was wondering if there were any changes/fixes between this and the version you listed here agendax20041102?

There are two glitches in the version of Agenda-X I am using: 1) The preferences page does not work where you can input values over the look of Agenda-X 2) If your entry has quotations marks in it ' or " then it will not post.

Problem #1 is definately fixed, and there are more entries in the preferences as well.
PRoblem #2 is new to me. Which fields are you putting the quotes in that it gets rejected?

Dennis

DonXoop

The apostrophe issue is an old one and never got a response when asked by folks. Some people don't know this is the reason their events never get posted. It involves submitting an event with an apostrophe anywhere in the title and maybe even the description. Apostrophes are very common in the title. No error or any indication of a problem except the event is lost in space. Very annoying and keeps my users from adding events. Some other modules have this same problem so appears to be related to a common function (textsanitizer?).

Marco
  • 2004/12/11 20:53

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

@dheltzel

do you plan to replace gettext with xoops's standard way of langage localization?
marco

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits