solo71
Error on the page
  • 2004/11/12 15:57

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

On my site www.arma-sa.com and under ie, I have an error on each and every page.

At the bottom left of the browser (or if your debug script is activated) you can see the following message :

Line 2
Caracter 1
Error : Syntax Error.

Here is the line :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

But I can't find out which erroe it is talking about... Any idea please ?

JasonMR
Re: Error on the page
  • 2004/11/12 16:07

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Take a look at this forum posting, maybe their solution will work for you, read about this a couple of times in diverse forums....

solo71
  • 2004/11/12 16:53

• solo71

• Module Developer

Thx for the info.

I have red the forums and it says that the above line should be the very first one. Which is the case in my theme.html file. But... When I right-click on my page and want to see the source code, in this case there is a very first "space". I have no idea where this space comes from...

Anyone got the same problem ?

Really weird isnt' ?

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/13 1:11

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Very strange, indeed!?!?!?

Can you remember the changes done, before the error poped up? (I believe the site has been around for a while).

It is definetly an IE issue, as Mozilla/Firefox/Opera do not display any errors. I also tried the URL in the validator over at W3C. They found all kind of problems, but only starting somewhere after line 20....so I'm kinda lost...maybe there is a linebreak command inserted befor the actual HTML text, that IE is having trouble with (though I'm speculating here)...

Sorry I can't be of more help. If I come accross anything, I'll let ya know.... (also, if you find a solution, keep us upto date )

solo71
  • 2004/11/16 8:13

• solo71

• Module Developer

Back on the topic.

Thanks for your help Jason. The "funniest" part is that I use to use the same template for each and every theme I use to create. And this problem occur only on this site. This theme is the 3rd version, and I have no idea where it could come from...

Quote:

JasonMR wrote:
maybe there is a linebreak command inserted befor the actual HTML text, that IE is having trouble with (though I'm speculating here)...

No, nothing abnormal.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits