vinylspeed
Somebody please answer my request. Sites gone down Man!
  • 2004/11/12 13:29

• vinylspeed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I installed a copy of the Noah Mod. After i installed it and followed the instructions to upload htaccess file my site disappeared to a forbidden error page. I have tried to find the installed htaccess file but i can't. Nor can i completely remove the Noah Mod either. Some body please answer me this time. Ive been waiting since 4am GMT Thursday! It's now 13:41pm GMT Friday!
Dont mean to sound impatient but are business is sufferinf ads a result of this.

m0nty
Re: Somebody please answer my request. Sites gone down Man!
  • 2004/11/12 13:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

your ftp client/software should have an option in the settings to choose whether it shows files beginning with a . (period) or whether to hide them..

select to show them and you'll then be able to edit or delete it..

rowdie
  • 2004/11/12 13:44

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

If you are using WS_FTP LE to find the .htaccess file then you need to use '-a' to be able to see that type of file. On the right there are the ChgDir and MkDir buttons, under that is an empty input area, type -a in that area and hit Refresh. It will show you all files on your site, including .htaccess.

This is of course assuming you're using WS_FTP and that this is your problem... maybe try google to find the way to view .htaccess files for your ftp program otherwise...?

Hope this helps,

Rowd

vinylspeed
  • 2004/11/12 13:49

• vinylspeed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Ah thank you so much. You know what just as you were writing this i logged into my hosting account via the main web server rather than by FTP. I found the file, deleted it, and look http://www.shangri-la-la.co.uk WIPEEEEE!
Thankyou for your quick reply. V V impressed after all.
Peace!
Come over and join the fun at shangri-la-la - C u there!

Login

Who's Online

337 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 337

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits