Mithrandir
Re: Flexible Forms - STORED IN DB WITH REPORTING

It is meant as a questionnaire module

Comparing it to xHelp is like comparing News and Newbb - xHelp is for individual problems and questions, Survey is for gathering statistical answers to certain questions.

However, you can of course use it as a contact module, should you wish to use it like that.

jmass
  • 2004/11/23 19:51

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

This is nothing like xhelp.

If you are looking for a help desk, then xhelp is great. If you need a way to create flexible forms and store and retreive that data from a DB, then this will be great.

Really not even similar.

irmtfan
  • 2004/11/23 19:55

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

huum sounds great thanks for description mithrandir
might be better to install my self and take a look at this
or any demo exist?

Mithrandir

OK, most of the items on my list have been incorporated.

- Radio "group" of questions with the same replies (e.g. the answer options very happy, happy, I don't know, unhappy, very unhappy for a range of questions)
- "Other" option for radio and checkbox questions
- Reports can be pulled in Excel XML format, one can choose to purge the replies after exporting and later only get new replies (a little sketchy, but I hope it makes sense once you try it)
- Survey listing in the administration area can be filtered by searching for one or more words in both surveys and questions
- Generic element for displaying name, position, company, address and more. Everything but the email can be toggled and this element is *required* when using the email validation of replies

It is available through the existing download link on JKP XOOPS Development - I will update the version number one of the following days and separate the Danish translation into an individual language pack.

jmass
  • 2004/12/7 19:14

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

You know I am first in line to download this!!!

Thanks!

jmass
  • 2004/12/7 19:28

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

I think I found a bug...

In the admin interface: When you select "Add a new Survey" it links to /admin/index.php?op=newform. This does nothing. After some investigation, I believe it should link to /admin/form.php?op=newform. When I manually direct my browser there it works fine.

Correction! - It does not work fine. I get the message NO GO.

Help please

Mithrandir

Ah bugger. Yes, I changed the thingie from index.php to form.php

Can you turn on MySQL debug for the NO GO?

jmass
  • 2004/12/7 19:51

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

All kinds of MySQL errors in the admin section, not just the add form.

I think it all stems from the hard coding of the xoops_ prefix in your sql file.

It installs 'prefix'_xoops_survey_'tablename' but queries 'prefix_survey_'tablename'

Hope this makes sense.

Update - Yup that did the trick! I removed the xoops_ from all of the table names in mysql.sql

Mithrandir

Oh brother!

/me hides in shame for this newbie mistake and promises never again to just save SQL structure dumps in a XOOPS sql structure file but remember to remove the prefix.

jmass
  • 2004/12/7 20:04

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

That is why I always test by uninstalling and installing fresh , not just upgrading the the module.

On the bright side, if it had been a more complex problem I would have never found it. Only simple stuff comming from me

BTW - Where do you prefer to have bugs submitted. Dev site, your site, e-mail, in this forum. I have noticed some minor useablitiy issues. The export to excel gives me this: Cannot create Excel file

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits