magomes
making adjustments to main menu items
  • 2004/11/10 3:07

• magomes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/10

Hi,

i have a problem here where i have all these modules installed and showing in the main menu for anonymous user.

I also have a custom block on this site that uses IFrame to manage links. Everything works great. But the module IFrame appears on the main menu for the anonymous user. Is there a way where i can enable the IFrame module to be visable in the main menu for registered users only? and make it invisible for anonymouse users?

I tried adjusting the settings in the "Modify Groups" admin section. But everytime i "un-tick" the iframe module, it prevents this module from operating as if the anonymous user is denied access.

If i enable and "tick" the access in the "modify groups" for anonymous users, it appears on the main menu. How can i prevent this?

man i really love this xoops. im really enjoying this.

Please help meeee. im a new user but learning pretty quick.

regards,

MG

tjnemez
Re: making adjustments to main menu items
  • 2004/11/10 6:03

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

go to system admin -> groups -> anonymous

magomes
Re: making adjustments to main menu items
  • 2004/11/10 6:24

• magomes

• Just popping in

Yeh i already tried all the adjustments in the group but unfortunately it doesn't give the output that i want.

I want to provide access for the anonymous user but hide only certain modules in the main menu.

MG

Axachi
Re:making adjustments to main menu items
  • 2004/11/10 11:53

• Axachi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/6

Hi I hav ethe same problem her. i want to be able to have a module on a sidebar. but not show in Main Menu.

Ther is no point in having Counter etc. in the menu. when they always show in the portal :)

If you go into system admin -> groups -> anonymous and turn off counter it alsow tur the modul off. Please help her :)

ackbarr

System -> Modules, set weight to modules you don't want to appear in the menu to '0'

magomes
  • 2004/11/11 3:34

• magomes

• Just popping in

Hey Ackbarr,

You were right. I changed the weight to 0 and woooooosh its gone!!. woohoo!! thanks.

Now for those who want instructions,

Go to SYS ADMIN -> BLOCKS and there you can adjust the weight.
If the line you are after is not there and is actually a module instead, then,

go to SYS ADMIN -> MODULES and under ORDER change the number from 1 (or whatever) to 0 and it will disapear from the main menu for anonymous.

But i think it will also disappear for registered users too. In this case it will not affect me, but might affect others. so the clue is around weight or the order, maybe play around with this and you might be able to solve it.

and now to shake hands with ackbarr.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits