jensclas
modules not showing in admin

hi

I spent ages uploading non standard modules to public html modules folder - but the modules are not appearing ready for installation in admin modules section...so what have I done wrong? All have 755 permissions...can i install them another way?

TIA

jensclas
Re:modules not showing in admin

Just to follow up I have been reading all the manuals and info and spotted this in XOOPS wiki.
After upload, go to your Modules Administration Page and check if the new module is included in the uninstalled modules table.

here's the catch - they don't show...so I need some help with getting them to show...Thanks

ackbarr

can you turn on php debugging and go back to System -> Modules and see if there are any error message on this page. They should be displayed at the bottom of the page, if any.

24jedi
  • 2004/11/8 21:56

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

I am having a similar problem.

after turning on debugging I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdefine() in /home/munyakc/public_html/xoops/modules/iMenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1

the php file has this code

<?phpdefine("_IM_IMENU_NAME","iMenu");define("_IM_IMENU_DESC","a nice 'postnuke' like link menu.");?>

jensclas

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
can you turn on php debugging and go back to System -> Modules and see if there are any error message on this page. They should be displayed at the bottom of the page, if any.

I did this and there are no error messages for me - I was really careful about uploading the module folder in each download too - ??

here is what I have in the file manager on Cpanel
public_html / modules

aleatoire 755
cjaycontent 755
contact 755
count 755
freecontent 755
myalbum 755
mydownloads 755
myguestbook 755
mylinks 755
newbb 755
news 755
sections 755
system 755
tipsandtricks 755
topics_blocks 755
tutorials 755
xoopsfaq 755
xoopsheadline 755
xoopsmembers 755
xoopspartners 755
xoopspoll

The default ones have installed correctly

Thanks Ackbarr

Anonymous
  • 2004/11/9 20:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

I had a same problem once.

Try to delete all modules (from server) that are not installed (leave only one module that you want to install). Then reinstall System module.

That worked at my page.

24jedi
  • 2004/11/10 5:58

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

The problem I had was with iMenu. I finally just deleted the iMenu folder from the Modules directory. Once I did this, all the other modules showed up in the module administration page.

Apparently from another post I read, I'm not the only one to have come across a problem with iMenu.

jensclas

Quote:

Bahattee wrote:
I had a same problem once.

Try to delete all modules (from server) that are not installed (leave only one module that you want to install). Then reinstall System module.

That worked at my page.

Ok...I am brave...I will let you know how it goes...

jensclas

That didn't work either...now I have only three of the standard modules showing - the others are lost! Contact us, downloads and links are the only ones left - no bug reports..but the files still exist according to the C Panel file manager...I even uploaded individual files and over wrote all of the files in every folder on the Contents block module and still the modulr doesn't show up as an option to install on the install modules panel...

any other ideas?

jensclas

problem solved!!

He he ...doing a happy dance I can play again!

Now attention Newbies...Herko told me to turn on PHP debugging...I thought I did...but I had turned on MySQL debuging which is why I wasn't getting any error message at all...and there was an error...so if I had turned on the right thing I would have found it. JasonMR was able to find it in seconds! The phpBB module wasn't happy and was causing all the trouble. Once this module was retired everything else came back on board...

so the lesson is be sure to find the php debugging and turn it on - be sure you have turned on the right one!

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits